Gateway 3650bh control panel

I'm new to camping and bought a Gateway 3650 on top left of the control panel there's a switch with a red light above it but I have no clue what this switch does. If someone could please help thank you. Is there a diagram or owners manual that explains all the switches. Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi johnrivers77,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The switch with the red handle that lights up is for the Electric Water heater element. Always make sure you run water through the water heater to be sure it is full of water before you turn the switch on. The electric element will burn out if not in water.

You say light above it...now that I don't know for sure. My next guess would be something for the Yetti system if you have that. Hopefully one of our Gateway owners will jump in and help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks but I know where the water heater switch is this is a separate switch on the top left hand corner of the the control panel not with the other switches. The hot water heater also has the red light above it. Thanks again for responding.

Mizmary

Maybe you could take a picture and post? There are normally two switches for the water heater. One for electric and one for gas, so maybe they are in different areas? The control panels are always a bit crazy IMHO.

If you get a pic up someone will surely be able to tell you what it is! 😊

Eddhuy

I have the GW 3200. Two switches have a red led above them, the water heater as mentioned above and the water pump.

photo.jpg Heres the picture of the control panel the switch I'm wondering about is separate from the rest on the left hand side above the slide room control if anyone knows what that does with the red light. You can see both water heater controls and the water pump control also has red lights above them. Thanks again

Last edited:

danemayer

get-attachment.aspx
Heres the picture of the control panel the switch I'm wondering about is separate from the rest on the left hand side above the slide room control if anyone knows what that does with the red light. You can see both water heater controls and the water pump control also has red lights above them. Thanks again
I see where you tried to insert the picture, but for some reason it didn't make it.

Biily

I have the same RV and have been told the switch is for the Black/gray water tank heater. Also been told it will burn the tank if left on with the tank empty.

Eddhuy

I guess my response did not get posted. The switch on the GW 3200 to the left of the panel is for the tank heaters.