Almost There!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We signed a contract on our house last Thursday and today is the inspection. If all works the way it should, we will be "Homeless & FREE!" on October 7th and be heading for the Heartland Rally in Canton, Texas. I am so looking forward to not having to keep up a 2600 square foot house and yard, and no more springs in tornado alley or summers in the hateful summer heat! It is quite a chore to get rid of many many years of accumulated stuff! But a very liberating feeling once it is gone. Another new chapter in our lives about to begin. :cool:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congrats! We have never regretted the decision and will have been full time for 8 years October 1st.

kowAlski631

Been enjoying full time life for only 4 1/2 months, but do have a question. Why didn't we do this sooner???

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow! Congrats Bret!

You can always come back and buy our house if you miss it. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Congratulations! We started our freedom trail in June. No more sticks and bricks and all that brings with it. We haven't had time to even think about regretting it yet but I don't see that happening. Happy and safe travels!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congrats Bret and Sandie! It's a great life and you'll love it.

scottyb

Congratulations. I read almost every topic of this nature, and I admire those of you that choose to make this move. It is a very bold decision. Besides the fact that I need to continue working for a few more years, I get very anxious thinking about selling out and going full time. My wife and I have invested a lot of BS&T into building our home on 18 ac. We bought the raw land, envisioned our dream home, then have continued to develop it over the last 20 years. If it were not for the dreadful summers and the persistent droughts over the last decade, it might be considered a paradise. Property taxes will ultimately drive us out. However, it will be a very heart wrenching decision when the time comes. Good luck with your travels.

Theresau

Where are you planning to head once you full time? You mention not spending summers in TX any longer - are you thinking of heading north for summer - perhaps in MI - popular for such.

Theresa

We signed a contract on our house last Thursday and today is the inspection. If all works the way it should, we will be "Homeless & FREE!" on October 7th and be heading for the Heartland Rally in Canton, Texas. I am so looking forward to not having to keep up a 2600 square foot house and yard, and no more springs in tornado alley or summers in the hateful summer heat! It is quite a chore to get rid of many many years of accumulated stuff! But a very liberating feeling once it is gone. Another new chapter in our lives about to begin. :cool:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hi Theresa... We will head South for a couple of Texas Rallies and then West to spend the winter in Southern Arizona and Southern California. Both Sandie and I are native (northern) Californians and have relatives from the San Francisco bay area up to Seattle. We will probably go up there in late spring and visit (long overdue) and then head over to Montana/ Idaho/Wyoming/ mountains for the summer. But who knows, we want to chase nice weather and see the sights wherever that might be.