cracked trailer wheel

Gas20

Has anyone ever busted or cracked one of their trailer wheels? I was cleaning mine the other day and found my right front wheel ( 6 spoke aluminum wheel) had a crack going through one of the spokes on the wheel it self. My fifth wheel is a 20011 Elkridge. I don't remember hitting any thing with it although I did hit some bad holes and rough roads in South Carolina. Just curious, I have ordered a new wheel from tredit tire that matches.:(

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have seen posts that others have had that happen. You have done the right thing by contacting Tredit Tire.

jbeletti

I've heard of it before. Call Tredit Tire and Wheel this morning to see if your wheel is still under any warranty.

FiremanBill

Has anyone ever busted or cracked one of their trailer wheels? I was cleaning mine the other day and found my right front wheel ( 6 spoke aluminum wheel) had a crack going through one of the spokes on the wheel it self. My fifth wheel is a 20011 Elkridge. I don't remember hitting any thing with it although I did hit some bad holes and rough roads in South Carolina. Just curious, I have ordered a new wheel from tredit tire that matches.:(

I have never had that happen but I did loose a tooth filling once on those SC highways.:D I-95 through there sucks!:mad:

Lance & Jo

Had a wheel crack 2 years ago, happened to be near Goshen at the time and stopped at Tredit, they replaced the wheel and claimed it had a lifetime warranty. suggest you call them about your problem.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Travel Tiger had one crack while at the Rally in Gillette or Cody last summer on their Elkridge. I believe trdit replaced it and shipped it to them on site. I'm sure Erika will chime in soon to give you the details.

wdk450

I had a spoked Selden aluminum wheel crack on the way back to California from the Goshen rally. Tredit Tire was great honoring the lifetime warranty. It helps you if you are able to quickly FAX, or scan and e-mail, documents.
I just finally completed the last step of the transaction, depositing their refund check for the mounting expenses in my bank account.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
YES! Tredit says the wheels are a lifetime guarantee. Contact them, they were great to deal with. They reimbursed the mounting expenses (but not balancing) as well.

210786_cracked_wheel.jpg

Erika

Last edited:

olcoon

Yep, had one on our 2011 Elk Ridge while at this years Goshen rally. I replaced it, & just recently found out Tredit will replace it. I need to contact them soon! It almost looks like there is a defect on the inside of the rim right where the crack is.

Crumgater

Hmmm... It seems to be an Elkridge 2011 issue...

Our 2011 Elkridge arrived from the dealer with a cracked wheel. We noticed a flat tire during our PDI, and the dealer downplayed it (we did too, as we had plans to use the rig that weekend... and it was already 2 weeks late from the factory).

When the tire wouldn't hold pressure for more than a few hours all weekend (luckily our event only required us to drive 20 miles one-way... and we took our compressor to refill it as needed) - the dealer came back after the weekend and took the rig back to the shop for a new wheel.

He then delivered the rig back to us, too! Saved us driving the 2-hours round-trip to their place.
Since that one was replaced, no problems, since (knock on wood). Good to know it's a lifetime guarantee!

Here's our PDI picture:
DSC09353.jpg

artsbighorn

I also have cracked wheel on my 2008 3670 Bighorn. Trailer was a shop for serviceing when it was found,there were no marks on it so I do not think I hit it. Good info on this thread.