110 outlets

Muddy

I have a 110 outlet on the rear counter of our 3670 that will operate if the plug is pressure rotated clockwise. There are no screws on the faceplate or outlet. How does one remove the outlet from the wall? Is it a simple snap in and out?

boatdoc

I'm assuming it's the normal RV quick plug and the facplate just snaps on into some slots on the plug itself. Just pry on one corner or side and it will pop off an then it is self-explaining. You might not want to see how inexpensive most RV plugs are.

ct0218

I would suggest replacing any outlet that will see high current draw with a standard hardwired residential outlet. The quick connect type normally used in an RV are marginal, and if subjected to a real load they tend to get quite warm. Hardwiring is better than quick connects, and the quick connect holes usually limit you to 14 gauge wire or smaller. I replaced 6 of mine as soon as I got it home.

Muddy

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be looking into it as soon as we get out of this snow and headed south (next Wednesday).