Strange noises from 30lb tank

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 BH and the propane tank( on the opposite side of the trailer from the cross over valve)makes very strange noises, similar to an old piston water pump when propane is being drawn from it. The noise is loud enough to be heard inside the trailer which drives my wife crazy. It does it on a full tank, as well as a partially full one. There is an 80psi( I think) regulator hooked to this tank. Any thoughts //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon5.png

brianharrison

It does sound like the high pressure regulator is surging, my regulator is a 30psi outlet on the Door Side (DS), like this one.

Why it is surging is another matter - if it is plugged with wax, take it off - heat it up and see if you can clean it out. I used a hair dryer and air line; others have boiled them (I have not done this personally). If you rather, buy a new one.

Others have found oil/wax in the crossover line - you may want to check that if the above does not solve the problem.

Finally, the propane tank itself may be surging LP gas, highly unlikely but have you tried just switching tanks and see if the problem occurs independant of the tank?

Hope this helps,
Brian