ATF: North Trail - Water leak

I was taking delivery on my almost new 32 RLTS. (It was originally bought in Feb'13 and traded back into same dealer late August and used 3 times, then I bought it.) I was sitting inside during a rain storm waiting to switch all my stuff from the old RV to the new one and noticed a trail of water on the floor. It was flowing from under the wall by the frig and going across the floor to the wall with the converter and going under that wall. Lazy days told me it was a factory defect and that they are going to "fix" it with 3 levels of silicone, one on top of the other to redirect the water. Sounds more like a "rig" than a "fix" to me. Water and RV's don't mix. I'm scared. I paid them in full. How far will a 30 day warranty take me. How do I know there is not going to be a mildew problem in the walls. We live in Clearwater area so its VERY HOT. How long will the silicone last? Any suggestions would surely help a bunch. It is still in service now. Please advise.....and thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure I like the idea of "3 levels of silicone". Silicone will not stick to itself.
Your refer is located next to a slide, could the water be coming in around the slide? Or from the door?
I agree, that it sounds more like a rig than a fix.
Give a call to Heartland Customer Service and explain your problem. If it's a factory defect, as the dealer claims, they can shed some light on it.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave