Rotochoks

frumbawa

My Sundance has 6k axles/16" wheels and Mission ST235/80R16 tires. The clearance between the tires right now is about 2 inches. I'd like to pick up a set of Rotochoks but am wondering if I buy a set now to go with the Missions and then change out the tires down the road (I'm thinking Michelins), is the clearance between the tires going to change so dramatically that the Rotochoks will no longer work.

Anyone been down this path? Your feedback is much appreciated.

geeksrus

On my previous 5er, I changed tires which resulted in a different spacing. I contacted RotoChok & order just the black triangular pieces & installed those in place of the originals.

EH!:)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
frumbawa said:
My Sundance has 6k axles/16" wheels and Mission ST235/80R16 tires. The clearance between the tires right now is about 2 inches. I'd like to pick up a set of Rotochoks but am wondering if I buy a set now to go with the Missions and then change out the tires down the road (I'm thinking Michelins), is the clearance between the tires going to change so dramatically that the Rotochoks will no longer work.

Anyone been down this path? Your feedback is much appreciated.

I have the same problem , I have 3"s between tires now and my Rotochoks sized to fit this spacing. If I go with the Michelin Ribs have decided to put on the 245's instead of the the 235's , the spacing is almost the same as what I have now.

Michelin Rib
235/85R 16= OD 32.2--SW 9.7
245/75R 16= OD 30.6--SW 9.6

Karrier Loadstar (present tire)

235/80R16= OD 30.9--SW 9.3

Goodyear G614

235/85R16 = OD 30.7--SW 9.5

Last edited:

frumbawa

Thanks guys.

When it comes time to replace the Missions, Plan A will be to try and find a similar sized tire as katkens did and if all else fails, I can always buy new block for the Rotochoks. Why not, it's only money ......