Back window sunscreen shade

J-W&E

We need a sun screen for our back window. Due to the design of the back cap and the attachment of the back ladder, has anyone been able to install the pull-down shade type? If possible, I would like the shade type rather than the sun screen that attaches with snaps or toggles to the back window.

jpmorgan37

Hi Wilma & Jim;

Are you wanting something to go outside? Don't you have the day/night shade inside? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

John

p.s. Ain't fulltiming great?

J-W&E

Sun screen

I am talking about the same material that is used for the patio shade screen. The material is put on a roller like a window shade and installed on the outside of the back window of the trailer. You can see thru it when you are standing on the inside, but can't see inside when standing on the outside of the trailer.

We have also seen this sun screen material put on with toggles or snaps. Only problem with that is you must remove it every time you break camp.

My question is what are other's using on the outside of the rear window?

Thanks for your help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here's a thought. Buy a basic roll up shade 72" X 48", mount the hanging brackets on the outside window frame. Remove the material from the basic shade and replace with screen fabric. You could even edge band the fabric and put a hem on the bottom for rigidity and also a method of fastening the screen temporarily to the bottom of the window for breezy days. Roll it down when you park and roll it up and remove it from the brackets when you move.

I have just ordered a rear exterior UV shade 72 inches wide, i think it was and is due to arrive any day now
Ill let all know how it works out

I recieved the shade last night and it works fine!!!!
I do have some comments however for the MFG of the shade, think I got a used one for new one
I will handle that another day

Recieved my replacement shade and all is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes a U/V Shade can be installed that pulls straight down !!

Last edited:
Wind Noise coming from Windows

Just wanted to ask how many people are haveing trouble with there landmark single pane windows not sealing and hearing wind noise

I am sure is this adding lots of cost to are heating and cooling bills

so much for the low and high temp testing!!!!!

Brent

jpmorgan37

On previous fifth wheels with the single pane windows, I experienced the same thing Brent. That's why I, and so many others on the forum have the dual pane windows. There are lots of posts over the last several years on this topic. The dual pane windows help considerably towards keeping the RV comfortable in high and low temperatures and really help in noise abatement.

John

Windows

Did the factory help in anyway to correct or replace since the single glazed windows are defective or that is the way i see it.

Brent

jpmorgan37

Brent;

How do you figure that the single pane windows are defective? Single pane windows are just that. I chose to order the dual pane windows because I wanted the extra insulating value provided. That was my personal choice and I paid the extra money and waited an extra three weeks for my coach to be built in order to get them.

John

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Did the factory help in anyway to correct or replace since the single glazed windows are defective or that is the way i see it.

Brent

If the window is in fact defective, it can be replaced under warranty. We just had one of our dual pane windows replaced when the seal between the panes failed allowing condensation to build up.
Kristy

Again The way I see it, if the windows whistle during high winds conditions allowing cold air, hot air and dust to enter the trailor

then it would be a defect

I understand dual pane are more energy built windows

But a single pane should seal from the wind blowing against it?

Brent