Change to lower brightness LED interior lighting in Bighorn 3010RE

GlenStMary

Re: Led Lighting in 3010 RE

Sure, as long as the replacement bulbs are for the same voltage and have the same base type to fit the fixture you should be good to go. You can look on the bulb packaging or at the specifications for the replacement bulb to determine the output in lumens (brightness) and the color you desire.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

What model year is your 3010RE?
Newer rigs have LED lighting. You might be able to take the lens off and paint or somehow cover up some of the LED's.
If you have the Halogen bulbs, they come in 5, 10 and 20 watt with a G-4 base.

Peace
Dave

It might not be as easy as retro-fitting old style bulbs into the current fixtures. LED lights give off very little heat (and use very little current) compared to incandescent. The LED fixtures (and wiring) currently installed may not be able to tolerate the heat given off by the older tech bulbs; there could be a fire. Tracking down a compatible dimmer might be a better option. On our old fifth wheel we have exactly the opposite issue: not enough light!

happykraut

Can you replace the LED Lights with ones that are not so bright?
Now this is funny. I'm sitting here in my 3010RE browsing around for brighter lights. The 3 hanging fixtures above the island counter with the 921 bulbs are just too dim. I'd like to find some LED's a bit brighter without paying $26 per bulb. Part numbers anyone?

danemayer

Now this is funny. I'm sitting here in my 3010RE browsing around for brighter lights. The 3 hanging fixtures above the island counter with the 921 bulbs are just too dim. I'd like to find some LED's a bit brighter without paying $26 per bulb. Part numbers anyone?
Hi Bernie,

Try SuperbrightLEDs. You can pick the brightness/price tradeoff that works for you.

happykraut

Thanks, Dan. I have been on that sight. There is so much to choose from.

Garypowell

Happykrout I am on the run but I converted my 3010 fixture a while back and posted it...maybe you can find it.

OP. call the led place that Dan suggested. They are in St. Louis area and very helpful. You will need a pulse type dimmer not one from Home Depot.

These see intermittently turn the LEDs off and on and the effect to our eyes are to dim them. I think I saw them for as little as $14.

bsuds

I have been looking at LED lights as well. Try Alibab or Buyincoins.com for much cheaper pricing.
What's confusing me is whether to get cool, warm or natural white.
Too many choices.