Buckling on Siding

rlkubi

We bought a 2010 North Trail 31RLSS. We have only had a few months and noticed a buckling on the side. What do you think? Should we be worried? The refrigerator is behind it.

camper.jpg

danemayer

I'd start looking at where the refrigerator drain hose is positioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danemayer

Would you do this by looking under the trailer?
No. In your picture, just above the problem area there is a removable panel with louvers. The louvers allow airflow to the back side of the refrigerator to transfer heat to the outside. There are usually twist-tabs in the top corners. Rotate the tabs 90 degrees and pull the top of the panel to remove it.

Inside the refrigerator, you probably have a tray that collects condensation, which drains into a flexible hose that's about 1/2" in diameter. The hose must be routed outside the exterior wall. If the previous owner or a service tech tucked it inside, it's draining into the side wall of the trailer and could be causing your problem.

Vtxkid

Rlkubi, yes, that is reason for concern. The ventilation plate assy above the area of concern needs to be looked at real hard. For starters, remove the vent plate by rotating the corner locks about 1/4 turn if I remember correctly. Gently remove the plate. You should see a plastic tube which should be attached to the plate via sticking out one of the vent plate holes. If it is not, you need to correct it when you reinstall the door. Also, look hard around the molding of that plate where it makes up to the fiberglass of the rv to ensure you don't have a area where the sealant has opened up to allow water to get in. If you do, that will be the cause of your, which appears to be delamination.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC