Concerned prospective owner...

I am about to pull the trigger on buying a 22FBS, 24RBS, or 27RBS (after I find a dealer where I can compare all three) but I have some concerns after reading many of the posts on this site. I know that no brand is perfect, but some common issues with the NT are alarming.

A number of people have experienced bent axles on the North Trails. Has the factory beefed these up or have any plans to? My luck is generally that something major will go wrong one week out of warranty. How much are we talking to replace the axles if it came to that?

There have also been other common problems with the fenders ripping off on the 24RBS, and delamination in various spots that are concerning.

Are these issues rare, or are they as prevalent as they seem by reading this forum?

Is there a more reliable brand to buy either within or outside the Heartland family?

Thanks for any feedback!

priorguy

One thing you'll notice for any business segment online is that you hear more about problems than anything else. People are more likely to tell you when something's wrong then tell you it's right. I'm very happy with my North Trail so far. The website has a nice "reasons to buy" brochure.

danemayer

Hi LeisureTime,

There have been a few people who've have posted about problems with their axles and as best I recall, Lippert has taken care of those owners. Every indication is that they were defective axles. I think I recall some posts where Lippert stepped up after the warranty had expired.

The nature of forum discussions is that people are motivated to post when they have problems. If you're not having a problem with your axles, you don't have a reason to post about them. So when you read 5 or 10 reports in a year about some problem, you can put it in the perspective of thousands of trailers that aren't having a problem.

At any price point in RV product lines, you'll find similar materials, parts and appliances. Heartland has some advantages in selection of materials and in construction techniques, which I'm sure you can read about on the Heartland website. But Heartland's commitment to customer service, along with support for this forum and for the Owners Club, sets them apart. As you read posts on this forum, one thing that shines through is that the vast majority of Heartland owners are satisfied customers.

Hope this helps.

Manzan

LeisureTime, I am one of those who had bad axles on their trailer. My dealer and Lippert took very good care of me, even gave me a cash credit for the ruined tires. The issue with the axles showed up when I had 3800 miles on the trailer. Could not be happier with my dealer, Heartland or Lippert. Have been to one National Rally, on Regional Rally and several Washington and Oregon Rallies and have never met a better group of people.