Engine Monitors

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
I would like to get gages to monitor my engine, exhaust and transmission temps etc. I don't think I need chips for more power I am happy the way the Cummins pulls. I have been searching Bully Dog Monitor triple dog outlook and the edge attitude.
Does anyone have experience with these or any others. I am wide open to suggestions as this is my first diesel and am not sure which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards and Thanks
Wayne

jpmorgan37

Wayne;

This is the company that I bought mine from. They sell the mounting pods and any guage that you would want. GlowShift I just have the EGT gauge since I already have the boost and tranny temperature gauge from Ford.

John

davebennington

Wayne,

I have an 06 Dodge ram 3500, and I purchased all of the gauges from Geno's garage they have everything you need to accomplish what you need (genosgarage.com). The gauges that I used are Isspro, EGT, Boost and Tran temp. I also purchased the double deep transmission pan as well as the differential cover by Mag-Hytec all have worked out very well. Another nice feature that I find convient is the 60 gallon tank/tool box that is installed in the bed gives us a range of about 800 to 900 miles.

Dave

driver311

unless u are in need of something to do, gauges are not something u have to have. i am trading off an 04.5 today with 245000 miles no gauges and all was well. a deep trany pan is a good investment.

driver311:) :)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I like the Quad commander. It is a digital gauge that can be setup as a single output (reading) or two, three, to four outputs at the same time. Make sure you get a fuel pressure gauge. The lift pump will damage the CP3 pump if the pressure drops off. Also good to tell when the fuel filter needs to be changed.

The commander also datalogs the max and min readings.

I agree with geno's is a great place to stock up on gauges. I also have isspro, real nice gauges.

NewCyclone

I had the EDGE Attitude w/juice module in my truck for about a week and ended up taking it out half way home pulling my trailer. I'm sure it is a good product, but the emissions stuff in my truck is still so new that I don't think the ECU and monitor knew how to talk to eachother. I kept getting check engine lights and "clean exhaust filter now" warnings in my DIC.

I think my truck runs just fine without all that stuff. Plus, if I break something in the truck, the warranty will cover it as long as I am pulling within the limits the manual states, which I am.

aquiring signal

Quadzilla Commander

I like the Quad commander. It is a digital gauge that can be setup as a single output (reading) or two, three, to four outputs at the same time. Make sure you get a fuel pressure gauge. The lift pump will damage the CP3 pump if the pressure drops off. Also good to tell when the fuel filter needs to be changed.

The commander also datalogs the max and min readings.

I agree with geno's is a great place to stock up on gauges. I also have isspro, real nice gauges.

Ditto to the Quadzilla Commander.:D I bought mine (and the A-pillar pod) through DieselTruckResource.com for a great price. The Commander will work with a chip or power module if you want, but I run mine "stand alone" as gauges.

I display exhaust gas temperature, tranny temp, turbo boost pressure and water temp. ( I heard that the fuel pressure issues and failures were on the older Dodges and not on the 3rd generations)

Maybe you don't "need" gauges, but when you're towing, it gives you great peace of mind to monitor your engine's vital signs.

(Van Aiken sells one they call the Commander that looks exactly like Quadzilla's. I think they just repackage the one made in Texas)

Attachments

• Pillar_Dodge_Small.gif
    Pillar_Dodge_Small.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 11