Happy RVing My Friends

BarneyFife

Well my friends, our 2 year, 4 month stint with our Heartland RV has come to an end. This morning, a very happy gentleman drove away with both my F450 and my Cyclone while I had his check in hand.

As many of you know, my relationship with Heartland has been somewhat rocky, to say the least. This camper for the first 18 months was one miserable failure after another. That's bad enough but when the manufacturer carries a "flippant attitude", you just feel like you're alone and stuck with a terrible investment. Ironically, our Cyclone for the past year has been performing rather well. Since the last laundry list of repairs in the fall of 2012, its done rather well. We did just recently have another unusual problem with our brakes but the service we've gotten from Dexter this week is something other companies should strive for. I will ALWAYS look at future RV purchases to make sure Dexter axles are a part of the make-up. Fortunately, that's usually the case anyway. They are indeed a five-star company in my opinion.

I want to also take this time to thank the folks here at Heartlandowners.org. You have allowed others to rant or rave concerning Heartland products and for that, you should be applauded. This forum has given people a voice here to be heard. Oftentimes that voice is positive but sometimes not so.

Thank you to the members here as well. Complete and total strangers have gone above and beyond to help me with my issues. They are strangers that I will most likely never ever meet but they've taken time out of their lives to help me. At the same time, I've been treated not so well. A factory rep asked me to PM him about my camper's issues but then he forgot all about me. Then one moderator told me "From your typical post I would never in a million years have guessed that you run a successful business and have good people skills. Your posts present a completely different person." I must admit, I took it somewhat personally but now that its over, it makes me chuckle.

I have absolutely zero animosity toward anyone here. Maybe one day, we'll run into one another at a campground somewhere and share a laugh or a story. I would like that.

I think for 2014, we'll take a break from the RVing lifestyle. We've done that before and sure enough after about a year or two, we're back in. Sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. I retire in 13 years and our retirement dreams are still for my wife and me to hook up the camper and head west until we see ocean, then head north til we see Canada, and then head back east until we see ocean again. Unfortunately, the only mandatory thing I'll have to abide by is no future purchases will be a Heartland product.

We'll see you all on the highways in a couple of years. Crazy Cooter. Keep building on that thing man! I'll no longer post but I'll probably lurk to see how that thing's coming along.

Happy RVing everyone! Drive safely and God bless. If a new guy signs on soon from NC with my old setup, take care of him. It should do him well. Half the camper is about brand new anyway. ;)

Barney Fife. 10-4 Over and out.:)