RV Cover Options

TravisJen

Well the summer is unfortunately coming to an end up here in the north and it's time to start thinking about winterizing our unit. I'm looking for ideas on covering up our 5'er since it will be parked outside over the winter. Has anyone used a fabric rv cover or some other type and has any warnings/tips/comments. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Theresau

We used a fabric cover on our TT for a couple of years and found that it was rubbing on the roof and took it off. Wind would make it rub.

brianharrison

I do not cover up here in the Great White North. I have similar concerns with the wind and rubbing. As well freezing and thawing potentially concerning with water between cover and trailer.

UV damage is lower in the north in the winter time so I am not as concerned with UV protection with cover. Dirt and water spotting - most covers I have had still allow dirt underneath (especially with some moisture) therefore you will still have to clean it come spring.

Now if I was storing in Arizona over the summer - that's a different story and I would use a cover for UV protection.

My thoughts.
Brian

Lynn1130

You have sunshine up there in the Winter? :)

We have the same problem here with covering and wind rub. While our winds are usually calm they can get pretty wild with summer storms. On top of that they dry rot pretty fast and are a pain to deal with getting on and off. Treating with Rejex or a similar product it probably the best short of inside storage.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine sits uncovered during the Michigan winters. A scrub brush and a bucket of soapy water in the spring once we set up at the CG cleans it up pretty good. Bigger problem is cleaning tree sap during the summer.

1231ChaseB

I bought a Shelter Logic and it's pricey but the benefit's are huge ! It does take up a lot of space though ! My 2010 Cyclone look's as new as the day i bought it and there is NO rubbing on the camper !
chaseb

Gaffer

Hey Travis, how long is your Torque? I have a Calmark cover for sale that would work for you if you are about 35 to 38 feet. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/41236-Calmark-cover?highlight=

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing today on my way to work. I drained all the water out yesterday, going to go at it later this week with the air compressor to take out the rest of the water and get the lines relatively clear, then put in the ever popular antifreeze!

I never covered up my older TT, but was thinking of doing this one. Wanted to keep it looking good, but was afraid of the freezing/thawing/freezing again with all the moisture under the cover. I think i'm going to just keep it as is then, uncovered.

Kevin.