2008 Cyclone - where is the fuel filter for Onan generator

RobertV

Hello. New owner. First post. Please forgive me if I posted to the wrong area. I just bought a used 2008 Heartland Cyclone (40 foot triple axle, triple slide). The generator ran perfect for about an hour. Then it started sputtering and will not stay running now. Maybe I had run it too low on gas? I filled up the tank. It still sputters and stalls after a few seconds. Dealer says to put a fuel filter in-line. My question is; where is the fuel filter for the generator in these RVs? Are there multiple fuel filters? It is an Onan Marque Gold 5500.

Also, I took the fuel line loose from the carb. I pressed the Start button and some gas spurted out, but not much. A weak flow of gas.... not steady and very low volume.

I looked at the Onan manual and I can not find where it talks about fuel filters.

Thanks in advance!

---Robert Vaughn, Portland Oregon

jimtoo

Hi RobertV,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of out other members will jump in soon with some help.

Jim M

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
It's a L-O-N-G way from the fuel tank to the generator. Hopefully your only problem is air in the line.