PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 5/29/2014 to 6/1/2014

skyguy
09-15-2013, 02:27 PM
2000 Barrett Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80926

Venue:
------------------------------

Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort
2000 Barrett Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80926
David (719) 576-0619
www.mountaindalecampground.com (http://www.mountaindalecampground.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 15
Site fee: $42 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 5/30/2014
Potluck time: 5:00PM

Event Leader: skyguy(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=5078)

Additional Info:
Reservations need to be made through the campground, only, no later than March 15th, 2014. We have reserved 15 sites in the southern corner of the park. Memorial Day falls the week before, and starts the summer camping season, so please make your reservations early if you wish to attend! You may extend your camping dates beyond the Rally if you wish. A discount of $5 to $7.50 per night will be applied.

No advance monies to the Wagonmaster this time!

Please call (719) 576-0619 and explain that you are with the Heartland Owners Club when you make your reservation.

The campground is located in the foothills of Colorado, south of Cheyenne Moutain, nestled in Ponderosa Pine. Check the reviews online - everybody LOVES this park! Plenty of hiking and wildlife! Only 20 minutes from Colorado Springs, 30 minutes from Canon City, 45 minutes from the Royal Gorge.

For those interested, we will have dinner Saturday night at Juniper Valley Ranch www.junipervalleyranch.com/index.htm (http://www.junipervallyranch.com/index.htm) and schedule a trip to the Abbey in Canon City for wine tasting and optional purchase. (Great wines BTW)

Notes:
Juniper Valley does not accept credit cards. Cash or checks only.

Monica has scheduled a Meet and Greet / Taco Bar for Thursday (arrival day for most). Don't plan on dinner Thursday eve - it will be ready for ya! 6:00PM until ????

Al Schlafli
Wagonmaster

The list begins...
Don and Monica Ashby - Chapter Leaders (2)
Al and Rexann Schlafli - Wagonmaster (2)
Ronn and Sarah Greengas (2)
Gregg and Linda Wibbels (2)
Garry Gilbert (1)
Craig and Tena Burton (2)
Chuck and Bev Barela (2)
Bill and DeAnna Haynes (2)
Steve and Susan Frank (2)
John and Kathy Daniels (2)
Bill and Ingrid Engler

**Last minute addins...
Brian and Jan Lajoie
Dan and Connie Tobin
Dave and Donna Watkins

More last minute addins...
Moore
Ochoa

(*) Attending the chicken dinner at Juniper Valley

StarryNight
09-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Don and I have reservations for May 27 (Tuesday) thru June 2 (Monday, leaving). We are also taking part in the wine tasting and dinner at Juniper Valley.

We have extended our stay until Tuesday, June 3rd.

Greengas
09-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Sarah and I are set to go as well. Right now we are reserved for the basic days but we might just extend things a bit.

gwalter
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Linda and I are signed up for 5/29 to 6/1. We are very interested in the Juniper Valley meal.

WCBurton
09-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Craig and I are in. We will be extending to Monday. Put us down for dinner and the wine tasting.

Craig and Tena Burton

Greengas
09-25-2013, 04:18 AM
Sarah and I are also down for the meal and wine tasting, ok, I'll do most of the wine tasting but that's fine too.

skyguy
09-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Craig and I are in. We will be extending to Monday. Put us down for dinner and the wine tasting.

Craig and Tena Burton

You're down! See you there if not before!

Al

gwalter
10-14-2013, 10:59 AM
We are at Mountaindale for the next 2 days. They have made a lot of improvements since we were here last fall. The terrace sites have been raised and enlarged. All the sites have new red rock bases and retaining walls around most of them. The wifi is steady and I have a good Verizon signal. Looking forward to our spring rally here.

Gregg

skyguy
10-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Hey Gregg -
Thanks for the update! We're already looking forward to the Spring Rally. Say hi to Gretchen and Gabe for us.

Al S.

JohnD
10-15-2013, 05:40 PM
We are planning on attending.

Just waiting for my Heartland Owners Club membership to be approved so I can get the info for the November meeting at the Bass Pro Shop!

Rally sounds like a lot of fun! :cool:

Edit . . . APPROVED!!! YEA!!! :angel:

Doublegranch
10-27-2013, 09:09 PM
I plan on attending....5-29-6/2....will make my reservations a little later.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Garry & Dakota, My "Aussie" Service dog

skyguy
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Happy Halloween everyone!

I have updated the list of attendees, as of today, Oct 29, 2013. If your name in the list has a "(2)" after it, you have indicated you would like to attend the fried chicken dinner at Juniper Valley Ranch. (Like Mom used to make). If I missed you, lemme know! If you are planning on coming and are not on the list, let me know!

Al

JohnD
11-15-2013, 03:04 PM
It was great meeting last week . . .

Hope we can do another meet & greet during the winter as there were only four of us who made it.

They did tell us at the restaurant that another couple had showed up about an hour early . . . but left.

Sorry we missed you!

Anyone know who that was?

mtnspet
12-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Bill and I made our reservations. We are in for the Juniper Ranch dinner and wine tasting. See every one there.

StarryNight
12-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Wow...10 slots already filled for the Spring Rally (of the 15 reserved) and it's just a week and a half till New Years Eve!!!

We will certainly be having a couple meet-n-greets over the winter months...Don & I are looking forward to them:) Not only will I be sending out a memo to Colorado members about the M-N-G but they will be posted in the "Events"

jenamiles
01-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Anyone already registered that has kids? We'd be bringing our 12 and 7 year old if we came. We live in the Springs though so it wouldn't be much of a getaway ;)

Greengas
01-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Please include Sarah and I in the Chicken Dinner. We are really looking forward to the rally and the upcoming meet and greet!

skyguy
02-26-2014, 12:18 PM
The reservation time period for Mountaindale RV Park has been EXTENDED one time only, to March 15, 2014. There will be no further time extension to make reservations!! We have 7 slots left.

According to Mountaindale, the following folks have made reservations:
Ashby
Schlafli
Greengas
Gilbert
Barela
Haynes
Wibbel
Burton

If you want to attend and your name isn't on this list, you probably don't have a reservation! Mountaindale is a very nice, quiet park, located 20 minutes south of Colorado Springs on Highway 115, deep in the Ponderosas! You have until Saturday, March 15th 2014, to get in on the fun! A fantastic homestyle chicken dinner, and a wine tasting trip are among the highlights. Call David at Mountaindale RV (719) 576-0619 and let him know you are with the Heartland Owners Club, and make your reservation!

Al Schlafli

StarryNight
02-27-2014, 09:17 PM
I heard from Steve & Susan Frank...they have made reservations and will participate in the wine tasting and the chicken dinner....excellent!!!

JohnD
02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
I am awaiting a call back from Mountaindale Resort as I type for my booking from Thursday, 5-29 through Sunday, June 1, 2014.

We will be staying at Cheyenne Mountain State Park from Monday (Memorial Day) 5-26 and leaving Thursday morning, 5-29, 2014 for Mountaindale.

We are interested in the dinner at Juniper Valley Ranch . . . but probably not the wine tasting.

Can't wait! :cool:

Edit: Reservation made . . . see you all there! :D

Greengas
03-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Hi

Sorry this post was supposed to go under the upcoming campout, not rally.

Mahalo

Ronn

TTransport
03-30-2014, 08:53 PM
New Cyclone 4100 owner here, man this looks like a nice facility. I'm in Parker so this isn't too far, my family from Europe come in this weekend on Saturady. I'll have to talk to the wife and see if this is possible. Again It looks like a great time for all.

JohnD
05-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Only three more weeks . . . :cool:

skyguy
05-14-2014, 06:47 PM
With less than two weeks to go, here's a short update on the Juniper Valley Dinner, and the trip to the Abbey in Canon City...
Wine tasting - the store at the Abbey is somewhat small - I will suggest that we break down into two or three groups, spaced about a half hour apart. The "bar" for wine tasting will accommodate 6, maybe 8 folks at a time. They do let you sample almost the entire range of their wines, FREE. A couple of the higher priced wines are sold for a dollar a taste... They have a preset pattern for tasting, but you are welcome to skip as you please. We like just about ALL varieties! Prices for wine range from $14 to $20 (and one is a lot more if in stock) per bottle, and there is a 15% discount if you by 12 bottles (a case)or more. So the deal is to go together, and group your order. (You can mix and match for the case) Buy a case, and still get 15% off anything over a case - doesn't have to be another full case.

Dinner - Greg at Juniper Valley is very flexible, he has only asked that I give him a count on Saturday (the day for dinner), so I won't need an actual count until then. Right now I'm pretty sure everyone is going??? Dinner is $18.25 per person, plus tip. It's RARE that folks don't really enjoy this fried chicken dinner - it's like MOM USED TO FIX. We want to be there by 5 o'clock. (EZ to do they are across the road at Hiway 115.)

Can't wait to get together!

JohnD
05-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Only two more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnD
05-22-2014, 02:39 AM
Only one week away from today . . . :p

I've already got my trailer hitched up out in front of the house and (almost) ready to go! :cool:

We are leaving Monday for three nights at Cheyenne Mountain before arriving at Mountaindale on Thursday!

gwalter
06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
A big thank you to Don & Monica for organizing and hosting a great rally this past weekend. What a great group of people to camp with and fun was had by all.

JohnD
06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Yes!

We had a great time . . . met a lot of new friends . . . hated to have to pack up and head home!

Can't wait for the next one! :cool:

Photos coming soon . . .

Doublegranch
06-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Don & Monica:

Sorry for the belated thank you! Just got back from Wyo after leaving your Rally. Had a great time and you guys did an outstanding job! Super people and activities....

Just know the RV Socks for the White Elephant will be coming back to you next year.

Thanks for the warm welcome by all.

Garry & Dakota

JohnD
06-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Gonna be posting some photos from the 2014 Colorado HOC Rally at Mountaindale soon . . .

Should I put them here or in another topic thread?

Here is a teaser photo:

TravelTiger
06-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Wow! Great pic! HL needs to use that for advertising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarryNight
06-09-2014, 01:52 PM
John,
I'm thinking it would be best to post the photos on this thread. That way they will be easy to find.

It is a good photo....it really shows off the nice campfire we had!
Thanks for sharing.

JohnD
06-18-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm working on the photos from the Mountaindale Rally . . . will post them here within the next 24 hours!