2014 Wilderness 3175RE Purchase ?

duane224

Hello, I'm new to the forum and the wife and I are looking at purchasing a 2014 Wilderness 3175RE on a trade of our Spree Escape. I would like to know if there are any know issues with this trailer? Also, will my 2013 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab 3.42 rear axle with HD tow package will be able to tow this type of trailer?:confused:

scooter75

We almost got the 3175re. Instead we got the 2750RL. Outside of a few screws missing on the outside trim, an a minor leak at kitchen sink, we have had no issues. Hope someone that has your model will chime in. We also started a "Heartland Wilderness Owners" on Facebook, Hoping to reach out to other owners.

mikeyd

Hello all I'm new to forum as well. We purchased a new 2013 Wilderness 3175RE in January. My TV is a 2012 F 150 w/ ecoboost w/ 3.55 gears. It pulls great haven't been any long hauls as of yet. We also noticed the extra firm mattress and purchased mattress pad that was filled and has memory foam works great. The strangest thing we have occurring. The television will not work we are a campgrounds and we have been to more than one campground. At home plugged in it works. Very odd, took television back to dealer 4 weeks ago and haven't heard back from them I did place a follow up call but dealer was waiting for Heartland:confused:.We are pleased with the product. Looking forward to seeing more post in the Wilderness section.

Hello,
we just bought a 2014 Wilderness 3150DS last week. We tow it with a Yukon XL Denali with a tow package, electric brakes etc etc.
we are hoping to get it out soon. We just had to replace the air ride suspension on the truck but would appreciate any input from other Wilderness owners if there are any quirks or issues they have encountered with either a similar truck or trailer. Once I get mine out, I will certainly do the same.

duane224

The same thing happens with us as well with our television. I works at home but at the campground I can't get no signal. Let me know the outcome.

danemayer

The same thing happens with us as well with our television. I works at home but at the campground I can't get no signal. Let me know the outcome.

Do you mean the television works when you take it inside your home but not when in the camper? The camper may have a signal booster that has to be turned ON when watching over-the-air TV, and OFF when hooked up to cable.

If you mean that it works inside the camper when parked near your home, you may have a weak signal from the antenna. Check the coax connectors and the barrel connector above the directional dial. Something may be loose.

mikeyd

The antenna is good works with our spare TV. The selling dealer did call back and there was an problem with shipping "heartland needed the OE box" but I never had it because TV came installed. Received follow up call from dealer "heartland approved claim and shipped new TV" but have not been contacted the dealer received it yet. The TV manufacture is Sansui not sure of model. The warranty process is nothing like this is the automotive of truck industry in the very least bit.

danemayer

The antenna is good works with our spare TV. The selling dealer did call back and there was an problem with shipping "heartland needed the OE box" but I never had it because TV came installed. Received follow up call from dealer "heartland approved claim and shipped new TV" but have not been contacted the dealer received it yet. The TV manufacture is Sansui not sure of model. The warranty process is nothing like this is the automotive of truck industry in the very least bit.
Hi mikeyd,

I'm surprised Heartland didn't point the dealer directly at the TV distributor for warranty replacement. Aside from the explanation of delay you already have, another reason for delay is that if Heartland handles the claim, Heartland would have to order a TV from the TV distributor, receive it, and then re-ship to the dealer. Going that way is slow even without mistakes.

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if the TV has shipped and when. Sometimes dealers get confused.

And yes, the warranty process in the RV world is very different from automotive.

jeffjan

Hi Danemayer !

We just ordered a new 3175re from the factory (through Camping World) here in GA, and we too were wondering if there are any huge issues with the Wilderness since there's not a lot of information on them yet on the internet. We are really excited to get this one, as we are trading in our 2104 Cherokee Grey Wolf which we loved, but was a little too small. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!

Jeff a Jan Holton

danemayer

Hi Danemayer !

We just ordered a new 3175re from the factory (through Camping World) here in GA, and we too were wondering if there are any huge issues with the Wilderness since there's not a lot of information on them yet on the internet. We are really excited to get this one, as we are trading in our 2104 Cherokee Grey Wolf which we loved, but was a little too small. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!

Jeff a Jan Holton

Hi JeffJan,

It looks like Heartland started up the Wilderness manufacturing line about 3 years ago after acquiring the brand name 2 years before that. If there's not a lot of discussion about Wilderness trailers on internet forums, it may be because people often don't get on a forum until they have a question or are looking for help on something.

Modern RVs are complicated. When you go to pick up a new trailer, it's always a good idea to do a very thorough walk-through. Make sure you understand how everything works, including how to winterize and de-winterize, including the location of the winterizing controls. Try out the TV, radio and sound system. Try all appliances. Ask CW to hook up to water and electric for your walk-through.

If you have questions or if any adjustments are needed, it's always easier to get them done before signing off on the paperwork. Like a newly built house, it's not unusual to find a few issues on new trailers. Sometimes the dealer catches them before you get there. Sometimes not.

If possible, stay at or near the dealer for a day or two, with prior agreement from the service manager that if any problems pop up, they'll fix them while you wait, rather than having you drop the trailer off.

I would say you're about to start having a lot of fun. Enjoy.

jeffjan

Thanks Danemayer!

Those are great tips ! We will be sure we check everything out for sure ! We store our camper at a campground in the north Ga mtns, and they just put it on a site when we come up on the weekends. Next year we hope to make our first trip where we actually pull it :) I'm sure we will have plenty of questions when we do! Thanks again for all your great information. We are fairly new to all this :)

Jeff and Jan Holton