PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/24/2014 to 4/27/2014

hogan
09-17-2013, 01:05 PM
20115 State Hwy 135, Gulf Shores, AL 36542

Venue:
------------------------------

Gulf State Park
20115 State Hwy 135
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Park Attendants 251-948-7275
gul.statepark@dcnr.alabama.gov (http://gul.statepark@dcnr.alabama.gov)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $$0.00
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $$0.00

Details:

Number of sites held: 40
Site fee: $26.35 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0.00
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 4/25/2014
Potluck time: 5:45pm

Event Leader: hogan(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=9095)

Additional Info:

Attendees List:

Hogan & Donna Cooper hogan 1649 Tupelo, MS
Jerry & Lily Worth Gizzy 1542 Montgomery, AL
Lou & Bette Dick lou_and_bette 1941 TX
Malcolm & Valerie Talley vktalley 2016 Wetumka, AL
John & Pam Burks jOhnburks 2433 Irondale, AL
Bill & Susan Mealer BigDaddy 2227 Alabaster, AL
Kim & Dottie Miranda kim&dot 1977 Merritt Island, FL
John & Alina Linstrom Linstrom1950 2520 Palm City, FL
Bob & Barb Mansolino bobemuzzy 2023 Hartselle, AL
Wyndy & Pat Wyndybroom Rogersville, AL
Bill & Jan Raber JanAndBill 2576 Attalla, AL
Mike & Shirley Kline GrumpyOneandTwo 2626 Evergreen, AL
Lewis & JoAnn West ljawest 2185 Gautier, MS
Clay & Candy Hudson clayhud 2503 Monroe, GA
Walter & Linda West lindaw 1924 Homestead, FL
Dick & Reta Hill dix36 1068 Lady Lake, FL
Ron & Ann Parrish NavyAZ1 1158 Jefferson, GA
Paul & Sheila Blackford usnaviator 360 Madison, AL
Ricky & Rachel Lester mountainlovers76 2672 Stringer, MS
Danny & Lisa Chesser dpchesse 346 Meridian, MS
Bob & Sue Vaughn bobvaughn 1849 Seffner, FL
Pau & Brenda Curtis pnbcurtis xxx Williamston,MI
Wayne & Debbie Paxson TallyRVer 351 Tallahassee, FL
Jim & Jan Heflin theark xxx Hastings, MI
Bob & Linda Cox Rcox 2202 Mary Ester, FL
Steve & Cathy Wilhite swilhite 1133 Clarksville, OH

Flying Dutchman
09-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi Hogan, we will put this on our calendar. You do mean GULF Shores, don't you?:confused:

Nabo
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Absolutely loved Gulf Shores this past springs rally. Nice state park :). Will have to see if we are still in AL next spring and if so would love to come again.

Gizzy
09-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Please put Lily and me on the list. Wouldn't miss it. I'm sure it will be a full house once again, probably even more folks. Seems to get bigger each year.

Lou_and_Bette
09-17-2013, 09:21 PM
hopefully Lou and I will be there, Bette

hogan
09-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Now Eric, you get the award for the first to find my cryptic challenge. Of course it is GULF SHORES. I was in a hurry trying to get the Rally on the books and stumblefingered, did not check my work before posting, then when I spotted it, went back and changed the line from which it came, but that did not change the banner line. I will have to seek higher powers ala Jimaletti for fixing that. Great to have so many quick postings. Lou and Bette, you are the rock. Always can count on you two. Jerry and Lily have posted they will be there also. And Nabo says they will be there if still in Alabama. So let's hope they stay PUT and make the Rally. So, to make it official, Donna and Hogan will be there too. Will get an attendee list started.

VKTalley
09-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Add the traveling Talleys to your list. We had a great time at Gulf Shores last rally!

hogan
09-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Oh man, this Rally is growing quickly. The Traveling Talleys will be there and new members John and Alina Lindstrom from Palm City, Florida have said they will definitely be attending. Herm and Vickey from Morristown, TN are in the TN/KY Chapter and have said they will be attending Gulf Shores Rally. They want to spend at least a week so they will be right there with a bunch of us who come early for this Rally. If I remember correctly, there is a discount if you book a whole week at Gulf Shores State Park.

davebennington
09-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Hogan,

We will be there if all goes well.

dave & Julie

GlenStMary
09-19-2013, 07:45 AM
This sounds like a really nice place to be next April. Nice weather, nice people...what could be better than that! Ginger and I will try to attend, and we look forward to meeting all of you.

BigDaddy
09-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Bill and Susan Mealer will try to be there, too! We had a great time last spring - and haven't stopped traveling yet - HA! We're on our way home now. WHEW!!

simsfmly
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Hogan,

Put Connie and I on the list. Will be a terrific stop on our way back to Ohio from Texas.

kimdot
09-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Hogan and Donna,

Please put our names down for the Gulf Shores rally. Can't miss one of you rallies!

TandC
10-22-2013, 04:10 PM
With all the good inputs we've received about the 2013 Gulf Shore Rally - we have to attend the 2014 rally!
We made our reservations today and will arrive on Monday (4/21) and leave on Monday (4/28).
Reservations were made with Emily at (251) 948-7275. One does get a weekly discount. However, the discount
works out to the rally rate of $26.35 + tax per night (at least that is my take on what Emily told me).
Looking forward to a great rally and seeing everyone!

hogan
10-23-2013, 05:11 AM
Hello Terrell and Carol, So glad to have you join us for the AlaMissiBamaSsippi Rally down at Gulf State Park next April. I know you are going to love the park and the area in general. It is a really great place with so much to do. My daughter's family did the Zipline when they visited this summer and I intend to check it out in April. Also, you made a good choice by coming in early. Earlybirds check out the local eateries and some fine seafood to be enjoyed.

hogan
01-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Only a few months till our Get-together down on the Bama Coast. If it's cold where you are, think how nice it will be at Gulf Shores in April. Best time of year for this region. No one from California has signed up yet. TandT where are you?

JanAndBill
01-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Add us to the list if you haven't already.

GrumpyOneandTwo
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Hogan, Please add us to the list. Thanks.

Mike

hogan
01-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Here is the latest. The New Members, Mike and Shirley Kline from Evergreen Alabama have been added to the Attendees list. And Jan and Bill Raber were added yesterday. Jerry Worth emailed to say that the Car Show we enjoyed during last year's Gulf Shore Rally is going on again this year; same dates as our Rally. So we can look forward to driving over to The Wharf to see some beautiful Classic Autos along with several very unique showpieces. We will try to find out when they plan their parades and other activities so we can pass that along to you.

kakampers
01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
You can add us to the list also...we are only 5 hours away in TN and this will make a great weekend break for us. We will arrive on the 24th and leave on Sunday. Do we need to make some sort of reservation?

Ken and Kathy Adams

hogan
01-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Ken and Kathy, great to have you join us for the Rally. What's your homeport in TN? No need to make your reservation until early March. I will email everyone around March 1st with reminder. H

kakampers
01-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Great! We are in McMinnville working until summer...actually just realized it's closer to 8 hours, but what's another 3 hours when we get to meet up with Heartland friends!

hogan
01-10-2014, 08:53 AM
You are so right. And it's downhill all the way.

hogan
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Another couple from South Mississippi added to attendees list. JoAnn and Lewis will be with us. Can't wait for the fun to start.

kakampers
01-11-2014, 08:50 AM
You are so right. And it's downhill all the way.

Sure Is!! I forgot...should get GREAT mileage...LOL!!

jbeletti
01-11-2014, 09:55 AM
You can add us to the list also...we are only 5 hours away in TN and this will make a great weekend break for us. We will arrive on the 24th and leave on Sunday. Do we need to make some sort of reservation?

Ken and Kathy Adams

Kathy - you guys will enjoy this rally. Not only are Hogan and Donna great rally hosts as chapter leaders, but an amazing group of Heartlanders attends this event. Then there's the fact that it's GULF SHORES! Warm. And close to Pensacola Naval Air Station and many seafood shacks along the miles of beach.

hogan
01-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Just added another couple to the Gulf Shores Rally list. Clay and Candy Hudson will be attending their first Rally in the Heartland Owners Club and they are making a full week of it. Yippee! As Jim Beletti commented, Gulf Shores is a great venue and they are sure to enjoy the area, but even more will be socializing with our great bunch of Heartlanders.

ljawest
01-14-2014, 01:24 PM
We hope to get there Monday and then leave the following Monday. Looking forward to this fun rally!

lindaw
01-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi Hogan and Donna,
It was good to see you last week, hope you are feeling better. Just to let you know Walter and I are coming to your rally
and will wait like you said to make the reservation.
Linda

jassson007
01-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Hey would you be willing to allow a couple from s Louisiana come over and hang out with you guys? DW will be in spring break so we will probably come over on Friday and leave on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogan
01-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Hi Andy and Joanna,
We will be delighted to have some Louisiana folks join us for the Rally. Look forward to seeing you there. Just a reminder that you do not need to make your reservations until around March 1st and I will email everyone and post on this thread when time is right.

hogan
01-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Hi Linda, good to see you and Walter; looking forward to the Florida Rally and I have posted you to the Gulf Shores Rally. We are both doing better. See you soon.
Hogan

Nabo
01-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Hey Donna and Hogan - we will not be able to attend the rally at Gulf Shores. A family conflict has popped up which I can not avoid. My sister is being presented with a national collegiate award in education and the presentation is that weekend. Got a go support my family. Ya'll have a good time and sorry we will miss it. Great location for a rally.

dix36
01-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Hogan...Reta and I plan to attend the 2014 Gulf Shores rally. Have made no reservations as yet. But plan to be there from 21-28 APR if they'll allow it. Our HOC number is 1068. If you do tee shirts, I want one XL. Looking forward to the shindig! See you tomorrow.

hogan
01-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Byrd, Sorry to hear you won't make the Rally, but totally understand your reasons; best to be there with your sister when she is recognized. We will see you soon. Hogan

hogan
01-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Hey, HillsonWheels are coming to Gulf Shores. Yippee!!! And no need to make your reservation until March 1st. I will alert by email and on the thread. We will also be there from 4/20 until after Rally. See you soon.

navyAZ1
02-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Hey Hogan, put Ann and I down we won't be able to arrive until Friday, but would like to stay and not leave until Monday. Then we're going just a short trip over to a place called Paradise Island to camp and visit with my Brother-in-Law and his Sister for a few days.

navyAZ1
02-19-2014, 05:00 PM
No it ain't, Paradise Island it's Island Retreat RV Park, anyone know anything about this park?

Ron

wyndysweep
02-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Hogan - Pat & Wyndy will be there early too! Are you doing shirts? If so, put us down for 1-XL & 1-L.

hogan
02-24-2014, 05:32 AM
WooHoo! Good to hear you will be coming early for the Rally. Look forward to seeing you there. This year is really moving fast, been a busy one so far. Gulf Shores Rally will be here before we know it. Will keep your T-shirts information.

hogan
02-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Ron, good to hear you and Ann will be coming to Gulf Shores Rally. Wish you could make it early in the week, but we will be happy to get you when we can. We will see you at the Florida Rally in a couple of weeks. Invite more of the Georgia folks to come down to Gulf Shores; it's downhill all the way. Hogan

lindaw
02-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Ron, good to hear you and Ann will be coming to Gulf Shores Rally. Wish you could make it early in the week, but we will be happy to get you when we can. We will see you at the Florida Rally in a couple of weeks. Invite more of the Georgia folks to come down to Gulf Shores; it's downhill all the way. HoganHogan they have not committed to the Florida rally and I don,t know why because we are going to have lots of fun.
Lindaw

simsfmly
02-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Hogan. Hate this, but Connie's treatment schedule has been adjusted. Won't have time now to leave here, get to the Rally, then get back to Ohio for her next treatment. Sorry, but we're going to have to cancel. Hoping you'll understand.

hogan
02-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Another new member couple coming to their first Heartland Rally. John and Pam Burkes from Irondale, Alabama will join up with us for the Rally. Good to have them and look forward to meeting them. The Blue Angels are having practice this year so as we get closer to Rally time, will gather information on which of the two days we go to watch; maybe both days. Also, will be posting on March 1st that time is here to do reservations for the Rally so here is your first pre-warning.

jassson007
02-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Hey Hogan sorry to say that we have to pull out of your rally this year. DW has a cousin that decided he wants to get married that weekend so we will not be able to make it. We were both looking forward to it since yours was only one that fell during her spring break time period.

hogan
03-04-2014, 04:56 AM
The time has arrived to make reservations with Gulf State Park for the April 24-27th Spring Rally. So please arrange your reservation and don't worry about your site assignment. They do not do advance site assignments. They will assign you to our Group area when you arrive. The Blue Angels practice sessions are on so those arriving early can make the trek over to Pensacola Naval Air Station to watch the Blue Angels practice. I think Wednesday will be the best day so more folks will have arrived. See you soon.

GrumpyOneandTwo
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM
O.K., We have our reservations for the AlaMissiBamaSsippi rally!!!! Our first Heartland group rally! We'll come in on Thursday the 24th and leave on Monday the 28th. Looking forward to meeting all who attend.

lindaw
03-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Reservations made arriving on 22 and leaving on Monday the 28th.
LindaW

BigDaddy
03-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Bill and Susan Mealer have reserved a spot. In on the 21st and out on the 28th.

krhyde
03-06-2014, 09:22 AM
The time has arrived to make reservations with Gulf State Park for the April 24-27th Spring Rally. So please arrange your reservation and don't worry about your site assignment. They do not do advance site assignments. They will assign you to our Group area when you arrive. The Blue Angels practice sessions are on so those arriving early can make the trek over to Pensacola Naval Air Station to watch the Blue Angels practice. I think Wednesday will be the best day so more folks will have arrived. See you soon.

Faye and I will attend the Rally. Arriving on the 24th and leaving on the 28th. Ken

MCTalley
03-06-2014, 11:32 AM
The Traveling Talleys will be there 4/24 to 4/27.

JanAndBill
03-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Just made our reservations, will be there on the 19th, leaving on the 27th.

kakampers
03-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Just tried to make our reservation...is there someone we're supposed to call directly. They wanted to charge us over $31.00 per night?? The rally fee listed is $26.35....what's the deal??

Lou_and_Bette
03-08-2014, 01:37 PM
we are all signed up for the rally. April 21-28. See y'all there, Bette

GrumpyOneandTwo
03-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Just tried to make our reservation...is there someone we're supposed to call directly. They wanted to charge us over $31.00 per night?? The rally fee listed is $26.35....what's the deal??

They did the same to me but I went and made my reservation, they only charge one night now, I'll get it straightened out when I get there...

Mike

Bob Vaughn
03-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Robert and Sue Vaughn 1829 Have made our reservations for the rally and will arrive on Wed.23rd and leave on Mon. 28th. If you are going to do shirts I would like a man's XL and a woman's Small........See you there for a good time....

kakampers
03-29-2014, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately we have to cancel...just found out yesterday that Ken is going to have to undergo open heart, bypass surgery this coming Thursday. He will be out of commission for the next several months...:(

jmgratz
03-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately we have to cancel...just found out yesterday that Ken is going to have to undergo open heart, bypass surgery this coming Thursday. He will be out of commission for the next several months...:(

Sorry to hear about Ken. We will keep him in our prayers. Keep us posted on how things go and his healing progress. On a positive note it is good it is found before things get too bad. Remember God is the healer. Jim & Sheila

kakampers
03-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks Jim!! Cannot believe he's been walking 8-12 miles a day covering these gas lines with virtually no symptoms. Decided after losing his oldest brother several weeks ago to get checked and have a heart cath done....even the doctor was shocked at what they found!! All three arteries were blocked and one was at 90%...

danemayer
03-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks Jim!! Cannot believe he's been walking 8-12 miles a day covering these gas lines with virtually no symptoms. Decided after loosing his oldest brother several weeks ago to get checked and have a heart cath done....even the doctor was shocked at what they found!! All three arteries were blocked and one was at 90%...
Sorry to hear Ken's got problems but it does sound like he got a leg up on it by getting the angiogram. Too bad they can't fix him up with stents.

kakampers
03-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah, Dan...we thought worse case would have been a stent or two....boy, were we wrong!!

Nabo
03-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Please let us know if there is anything we can do since we are kind of close.
Byrd

jbeletti
03-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Kathy - so sorry to hear about Ken's health. Wishing you all the best. Keep in touch.

Tallyrver
03-30-2014, 05:41 PM
How do we sign up for the rally,looks like we can make this one from Friday morning to Sunday.

lindaw
03-30-2014, 07:16 PM
How do we sign up for the rally,looks like we can make this one from Friday morning to Sunday.Wayne and Debbie if you go to the first post on this event it gives you the info but I have the #(251)948-7275 and tell them you are with heartland group.
Linda West
Florida Chapter Leader

Tallyrver
03-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Great,I'll call them in the morning.

jmgratz
03-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Thanks Jim!! Cannot believe he's been walking 8-12 miles a day covering these gas lines with virtually no symptoms. Decided after losing his oldest brother several weeks ago to get checked and have a heart cath done....even the doctor was shocked at what they found!! All three arteries were blocked and one was at 90%...

Sounds like he is a walking miracle. We will keep him in our prayers. BTW Ken needs to buy a Lotto ticket. :)

Terry H
03-30-2014, 10:37 PM
just found out yesterday that Ken is going to have to undergo open heart, bypass surgery this coming Thursday. He will be out of commission for the next several months...:(

Kathy,

You and Ken will be in our prayers, hope the surgery and the recovery goes well.

kakampers
03-31-2014, 06:50 AM
Sounds like he is a walking miracle. We will keep him in our prayers. BTW Ken needs to buy a Lotto ticket. :)

Been buying tickets....of course, no luck there...LOL!!

Tallyrver
03-31-2014, 07:05 PM
All set up,looking forward to our first Heartland rally! We'll be there Friday morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GlenStMary
04-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Regrettably, Glenn & Ginger Martin will not be able to attend the rally at Gulf Shores. We have been looking forward to attending but as stated in my original post we are trying to sell our farm so we can go full-time. Although we would love to attend, we have decided it makes more sense to work more diligently on the sale of the farm. We look forward to meeting up with old friends and new a bit further down the road, and wish everyone a safe trip and know that you will have a great time at Gulf Shores.

lindaw
04-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Regrettably, Glenn & Ginger Martin will not be able to attend the rally at Gulf Shores. We have been looking forward to attending but as stated in my original post we are trying to sell our farm so we can go full-time. Although we would love to attend, we have decided it makes more sense to work more diligently on the sale of the farm. We look forward to meeting up with old friends and new a bit further down the road, and wish everyone a safe trip and know that you will have a great time at Gulf Shores.Sorry to hear that we were looking forward to spending time with you again. LindaW

lindaw
04-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Hey rally attendees Walter, Clay Hudson, and John Lindstrom have decided they would like to try to put together a fishing
trip on Thursday, if anyone is interested please let us know.
LindaW

GlenStMary
04-03-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm sure we will see you all again at another rally, probably Urbanna.

mountainlovers76
04-09-2014, 06:23 PM
My wife and I have finally been able to take a few days off work at the same time in order to attend our first rally. We look forward to attending the rally at Gulf Shores. We enjoy that area and have camped there often. We plan on arriving Tuesday night so that we can see the Blue Angels Wednesday if some are still planning to drive over and see them. Does anyone know if there will be rally T-shirts to order? As I stated, this will be our first rally so any pointers from anyone will be appreciated.

Ricky and Rachel

jimtoo
04-09-2014, 07:00 PM
My wife and I have finally been able to take a few days offxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx As I stated, this will be our first rally so any pointers from anyone will be appreciated.

Ricky and Rachel

Shake hands when you meet,,, exchange names, eat some great food..,, have lots of fun,,.. give HUGS to your new Heartland friends when you depart. :)

Jim M

JanAndBill
04-09-2014, 07:29 PM
My wife and I have finally been able to take a few days off work at the same time in order to attend our first rally. We look forward to attending the rally at Gulf Shores. We enjoy that area and have camped there often. We plan on arriving Tuesday night so that we can see the Blue Angels Wednesday if some are still planning to drive over and see them. Does anyone know if there will be rally T-shirts to order? As I stated, this will be our first rally so any pointers from anyone will be appreciated.

Ricky and Rachel

Welcome! Rallies are like potato chips, after the first one you're pretty much hooked. We are scheduled to arrive on Saturday the 19th, to unwind and relax, so look us up when you get in. Food, fellowship, and great people are in abundance at these events. The T-shirts may have been ordered already, but you might send Hogan & Donna a message, to see if they can still order or if they have some extras.

mountainlovers76
04-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Welcome! Rallies are like potato chips, after the first one you're pretty much hooked. We are scheduled to arrive on Saturday the 19th, to unwind and relax, so look us up when you get in. Food, fellowship, and great people are in abundance at these events. The T-shits may have been ordered already, but you might send Hogan & Donna a message, to see if they can still order or if they have some extras.

We have sent a private message and an email to Hogan but haven't received a response. If you know how to get in touch with Hogan please send a message. Thank for the pointers. Look forward to meeting everyone
Rachel.

VKTalley
04-10-2014, 12:17 AM
We have sent a private message and an email to Hogan but haven't received a response. If you know how to get in touch with Hogan please send a message. Thank for the pointers. Look forward to meeting everyone
Rachel.

Ricky and Rachel, I'll try a round about way to get a message to hogan and Donna. Glad to have you join us at the rally!

wyndysweep
04-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Hogan - I tried to send you a message, but it didn't go through. I have 3 questions. 1 - never got a message about ordering shirts (maybe because I told you sizes when we signed up for rally), just want to be sure you got our sizes. I originally said (1) XL and (1) Lg, if possible make that (2) Lg. If you can't change it, that's ok. Also if you have any old rally shirts in a Lg I would like to get them. 2 - my sister is going to tag along with us on this trip (she lost her husband in January), so please let me know how much $$ you need to cover ice cream social, dinner, etc. 3 - speaking of the ice cream social, would it be possible, could Donna get a sugar free vanilla? If not, let me know and I'll bring my own. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We will be there on Sunday - meeting our friends from FL again, but they will leave before the rally begins. Thanks to you and Donna for everything ya'll do for this group. Wyndy

hogan
04-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi Wyndy,

I know it appears that I dropped off the 3rd Rock; but suffice it to say, I have been more than a little busy with the Campground responsibilities in Florida, much more than I would have hoped for. It has been very demanding and stressful to boot. I have not been tuned in to the Chapter activities, but Donna and I are spending a few days in our new Landmark at Gulf State Park and will head home to Tupelo tomorrow to get ready for Rally, spend time with our Family and go to Texarkana, Arkansas for an Easter Family Get-together. We are leaving our rig in storage here at Gulf Shores and will drive back down on Easter to move to Gulf State Park for the Rally. Sorry to say, we will not have Tee-shirts for this Rally. It was just more than I had time to deal with. Gulf Shores is really looking good and the weather is so nice, I just want to stay here. I will be posting several messages over the next day or two about the Rally. What street or Road did you get placed on for the reservation? Let me know please. Look forward to seeing you and your friends and meeting your sister.

wyndysweep
04-10-2014, 10:27 PM
We asked for Bear because that's where we have always been before - are we in a different area this year?

wyndysweep
04-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Again if u have old rally shirts when u go home in a large or XL, could u bring them? Thanks & be careful with all that traveling!

usnaviator
04-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Please sign up the Blackfords. We pick up the new 3160EL today (4/12/14) and look forward to attending the rally and meeting everyone!

GrumpyOneandTwo
04-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Hey Paul and Sheila. Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club! Looking forward to meeting ya'll and checking out your new Bighorn! Let's hope for nice weather.

Mike

Tallyrver
04-12-2014, 10:36 AM
We'll see ya at the rally, this will be our first also
Wayne

wyndysweep
04-12-2014, 05:39 PM
I accidentally deleted my states visited map from my signature. Now it won't let me put one back. It keeps saying unable to save image. I've saved the map to my photo's, documents & downloads. Made sure it is small enough, but it won't let me save it when I try to add a photo to my signature. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

dix36
04-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Hogan......made our reservations today. We'll be arriving on 21 APR and departing on 28 APR. Talked with Holly and was told that most folks are on either Possum or Bear. We will be on Bear. No site was assigned. Time in the area should allow for a few visits to Doc's Seafood. :cool:

Lou_and_Bette
04-14-2014, 10:42 AM
We will be pulling in on Sunday the 20th. Jan and Bill we will be the 2nd to arrive. Look for us. Bette

lindaw
04-14-2014, 11:27 AM
We will be pulling in on Sunday the 20th. Jan and Bill we will be the 2nd to arrive. Look for us. BetteWe will be there Saturday, let,s have a party.
Lindaw

mountainlovers76
04-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Reservations made on Bear Road. Arriving Tuesday night the 22nd.

JanAndBill
04-15-2014, 09:34 PM
We will be pulling in on Sunday the 20th. Jan and Bill we will be the 2nd to arrive. Look for us. Bette

Actually we will be there possibly on Friday but Saturday at the latest. Bear section

GrumpyOneandTwo
04-16-2014, 07:01 AM
See yall Thursday

Lindstrom1950
04-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Well, we're waiting for everyone to get here. We arrived last Sunday, they put us on Possum site 380. The Park was full when we got here because of Spring Break that was until the storm arrived. Now it's not so crowded. We'll be looking for everyone to arrive, so we can get the party started

navyAZ1
04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Please sign up the Blackfords. We pick up the new 3160EL today (4/12/14) and look forward to attending the rally and meeting everyone!

Welcome Aboard Shipmate! We'll see you there at the Rally.

usnaviator
04-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks very much, we'll see you there!

lindaw
04-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Well, we're waiting for everyone to get here. We arrived last Sunday, they put us on Possum site 380. The Park was full when we got here because of Spring Break that was until the storm arrived. Now it's not so crowded. We'll be looking for everyone to arrive, so we can get the party started
Plan on it we"ll be there Saturday.
Linda

ljawest
04-16-2014, 05:21 PM
I had the exact same problem with my signature map....even tried it on different days. maybe we could all get together with our computers at the rally and have a group lesson from an "expert". Hogan, could you arrange this please?
thankx! Jo Anne

Lou_and_Bette
04-17-2014, 11:13 AM
I accidentally deleted my states visited map from my signature. Now it won't let me put one back. It keeps saying unable to save image. I've saved the map to my photo's, documents & downloads. Made sure it is small enough, but it won't let me save it when I try to add a photo to my signature. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

Wyndy, not sure if this will help or not but, when I had problems trying to post some pictures and couldn't do it, I switched from using IE browser to Firefox and had no issues at all.

JanAndBill
04-19-2014, 08:32 AM
When we left yesterday morning headed south, it had just started to drizzle. The further south we went the harder it rained which made for a stressful drive. Thankfully we ran out of it about an hour north of Gulf Shores so we were able to set up in the dry. The Raber's are here, Bear Rd, site 131.

wyndysweep
04-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Sounds good

lindaw
04-20-2014, 06:15 AM
We arrived at gulf state park yesterday and met up with fellow heartlanders John and Alina Lindstrom. They have all the
fixings for an Easter Meal and anyone who is already here is welcome. We are in site 333 and 332 on Possum so come on
over and have a meal with us around 4:30 this afternoon. Happy Easter.
Linda West

jbeletti
04-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Happy Easter to those already in Gulf Shores ahead of this coming weekend's rally there. I wish you all a great time this coming weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing many of you this camping season.

navyAZ1
04-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey Hogan, I see the Potluck is to be on Friday, can you tell me what the plan is for Saturday night? My "old" Brother-in-Law and his Sister will be camped at a nearby RV resort, and I thought if we were doing a meal or something I would invite them to attend if that's okay? If you don't mind shoot me an e-mail rparrish45@fusemail.com.

Thanks,

TandC
04-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Sorry, but we have to cancel on this rally (my back has "gone out" on me again).
Hopefully we will make it to the TN & KY rallies.
Have fun!

BigDaddy
04-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Hogan,
The Mealer's are here - arrived late Monday. We're in site 157 on Bear Loop. Are you coordinating an outing to see the Blue Angels? We're anxious to hear if any activities are planned. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

hogan
04-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Hogan,
The Mealer's are here - arrived late Monday. We're in site 157 on Bear Loop. Are you coordinating an outing to see the Blue Angels? We're anxious to hear if any activities are planned. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hi Bill and Susan,

You snuck in while we were gone to eat at Doc's Seafood for supper. Donna and I arrived around 2pm and are in Site 148 on Bear Road. Several others arrived on Monday also. I think we should leave around 7am to drive to Pensacola Naval Air Station for the Blue Angels. About a 45 minute drive if I remember correctly and that should get us there early enough to walk out to flight line and get seats. Show is at 8:30am.

Will see you today. And will try to get an Agenda printed today. I think a grouptogether is planned for this evening at Bill and Jan Raber's on Possum Road. Campfire included.

Hogan

hogan
04-22-2014, 08:38 AM
For those arriving at Gulf State Park, when you arrive at Park Check In, tell them you are with the Heartland Group Rally and asked to be put on Bear Road if you are not already reserved for Bear Road. There are plenty of good sites and most are in this area. Plan to head over to Pensacola Naval Air Station on Wednesday morning for the Blue Angels Training Exhibition. We need to be wheels up at 7am so as to arrive in time to walk out to flight line and get seats in the grandstands. Weather should be great. Some chance of rain this evening, but should be beautimous tomorrow.

jayc
04-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Hogan, it sounds like another great rally starting up. We'll make it back some time. Have fun!

JanAndBill
04-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi Bill and Susan,

You snuck in while we were gone to eat at Doc's Seafood for supper. Donna and I arrived around 2pm and are in Site 148 on Bear Road. Several others arrived on Monday also. I think we should leave around 7am to drive to Pensacola Naval Air Station for the Blue Angels. About a 45 minute drive if I remember correctly and that should get us there early enough to walk out to flight line and get seats. Show is at 8:30am.

Will see you today. And will try to get an Agenda printed today. I think a grouptogether is planned for this evening at Bill and Jan Raber's on Possum Road. Campfire included.

Hogan

Everyone is always welcome, but the Rabers are on Bear Site 131, and "no" fire pit included. I think you meant in the turnaround on Possum Road in front of Walter and Linda's on Possum Rd.

lindaw
04-22-2014, 01:23 PM
For those arriving at Gulf State Park, when you arrive at Park Check In, tell them you are with the Heartland Group Rally and asked to be put on Bear Road if you are not already reserved for Bear Road. There are plenty of good sites and most are in this area. Plan to head over to Pensacola Naval Air Station on Wednesday morning for the Blue Angels Training Exhibition. We need to be wheels up at 7am so as to arrive in time to walk out to flight line and get seats in the grandstands. Weather should be great. Some chance of rain this evening, but should be beautimous tomorrow.
Hi Hogan according to what I read on the info site the show is now at 11:30.
Lindaw

hogan
04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Linda,
You are most correct. They have revised the schedule which is really nice in many ways: Get to sleep later, and it gets the arrival after the morning rush hour at the Naval Base. So, I have posted a 9:30am departure time on the Yet to be finalized AGENDA. Should get us there in plenty of time to walk out to flight line and get good seats. Everyone must have a photo ID with them to get on the base. And no weapons in your vehicle. I will post the AGENDA in a few minutes.

Thanks Linda,

Hogan

Lou_and_Bette
04-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Beautiful weather and lots of visiting going on so far. Good times and hopefully new members this rally, Bette

VKTalley
04-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Traveling Talleys could possibly be arriving tomorrow....a day ahead of schedule! Had a great visit and dinner with our airman and his roommate here at Keesler. He is doing well and already enjoying his classes (tech school started Monday).

hogan
04-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Come on Talleys. We are looking for you.

What's on Your Agenda?
Forthe AlaMissiBamaSsippi Spring Rally
April24-27, 2014

Well,let's get started early! Who got here the earliest?
Monday& Tuesday Pick ur Pleasure, Golf, Shopping, Fishing, Swimming,Hanging Out, Seafooding, etc.

Wednesday,April 23rd
9:30AM Departure for Pensacola NAS to watch the nation's Premier FlightAerobatic Team “The Blue Angels” perform. Show time is 11:30AM.Hearing protection for those with sensitive hearing, hats and sunprotection for all.

Thursday,April 24th@ 5:34pm Meet & Greet Ice Cream Sunday Fixing at Clubhousebehind Nature Center.

Friday,April 25th10:00am Demo by Bob Mansolino on restoring man-made (Corian)countertops at Pavillion.
PotLuck Party @ 5:37pm at Pavillion. Bring something yummy to share anda favorite beverage.

Saturday,April 26th@ 5:31pm L.A. (Lower Alabama) BarBQ Dinner with fixings “Complimentsof Heartland”. Bring your drinks and a dessert if you got it. InClubhouse behind Nature Center. Group picture at 5:00pm at theAmphitheatre.

Sunday,April 27thLast Day, some departing; some staying for the “After the Rally”Pot Luck. Place TBA.

hogan
04-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Forgive the run-ons and hanging chads. The Agenda did not paste very well on the forum thread.

hogan
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
What time to expect the Talley Wagon? We are mostly on Bear Road and many sites left along the way.

javankrona
04-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Hey there. The Lynch's are headed down tomorrow from north alabama ... Not yet Heartland owners, but looking intently for our first purchase in the next couple of years ... Just need one more child to graduate college. Looking seriously at the Bighorn 3755FL, just like the big tv without blocking a window, stepping up into a living room and a nice big window in the bedroom. Although the Landmarks are grabbing my attention with the disc brakes and upgraded standard features. We are arriving at Orange Beach for a long weekend getaway Thursday and hope to stop by and meet some of you folks at the rally. I saw that a meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday evening; is that a good opportunity for us "not yet Heartland" owners to drop by and say hey?

GETnBYE
04-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Missing our first Al/ms rally ever. I know you all Will have a wonderful time. Gonna miss seeing everyone.

Flying Dutchman
04-23-2014, 01:40 PM
That goes for us too!! So sorry that we could not make this rally, but we will be looking for y'all down the road a piece. Have fun!!

VKTalley
04-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Anita & Wayne, you will missed! I'll miss my outlet mall shopping buddy!!!
Traveling Talleys have arrived on Bear Road!

VKTalley
04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey there. The Lynch's are headed down tomorrow from north alabama ... Not yet Heartland owners, but looking intently for our first purchase in the next couple of years ... Just need one more child to graduate college. Looking seriously at the Bighorn 3755FL, just like the big tv without blocking a window, stepping up into a living room and a nice big window in the bedroom. Although the Landmarks are grabbing my attention with the disc brakes and upgraded standard features. We are arriving at Orange Beach for a long weekend getaway Thursday and hope to stop by and meet some of you folks at the rally. I saw that a meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday evening; is that a good opportunity for us "not yet Heartland" owners to drop by and say hey?

Come on by! Everyone loves to show off their rigs!

GrumpyOneandTwo
04-23-2014, 02:23 PM

This is my first Heartland Owners rally but I'm sure you will be as welcome as I am. You will be able to see more floor plans here then anywhere except maybe the assembly plant!!!!

See you in Gulf Shores,
Mike

hogan
04-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Hey there. The Lynch's are headed down tomorrow. I saw that a meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday evening; is that a good opportunity for us "not yet Heartland" owners to drop by and say hey?
Come on down, Lynchs. You are welcome to come for the Meet & Greet Ice Cream Social. If you arrive early, drive down to Bear Road and find us. Donna and I are in Site 148 on the back road. We will get you started on the Tour of Homes. We will have quite a range to check out. The Meet & Greet will be held at the Activities Building at 5:37pmish.

Look forward to meeting you and telling you about our rigs and the Heartland Owner's Group.

Hogan

hogan
04-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Paul and Sheila,
What day are you arriving?

Hogan

Tallyrver
04-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Looks like we'll be leaving Tallahassee around 12:00 eastern ,it's about 4 hours :cool:
Just filled up the truck with some HydroCarbon fuel...
Wayne

Randy
04-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Hogan, It looks like you have a great rally going. Santha and I would love to be there but work comes first. Maybe next year.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

usnaviator
04-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi Hogan, We'll be arriving on the 24th (early afternoon) and departing on the 28th. See you tomorrow.

hogan
04-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Hogan, It looks like you have a great rally going. Santha and I would love to be there but work comes first. Maybe next year.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles
Randy and Santha, wish you could be here. We are blessed with great weather. Here is updated AGENDA for those who are here>Printed Copies will be hand-delivered. NOTE the change on time for the MEET and GREET to 6:34pm. That should allow more time for everyone to get here.

What'son Your Agenda?
Forthe AlaMissiBamaSsippi Spring Rally
April24-27, 2014

EarlyArrivals have stories to tell. Blue Angels were super.

Thursday,April 24th@ 6:34pm “Meet & Greet” Ice Cream Sunday Fixing atActivities Building behind Nature Center. Bowls, spoons, and napkinsprovided. You bring creativity. Prizes?

Friday,April 25th10:00am Demo by Bob Mansolino on repairing/restoring man-made(Corian) countertops at Pavillion. The man knows his stuff.
CarShow at The Wharf, Mullet Toss at FloriBama, Beach Walking, BikeTrails, Foley Outlet Mall.
PotLuck Party @ 5:37pm at Pavillion. Bring something yummy to share anda favorite beverage.

Saturday,April 26th@ 5:31pm L.A. (Lower Alabama) BarBQ Dinner with fixings “Complimentsof Heartland”. Bring your drinks and a dessert if you got it. InActivities Building behind Nature Center.Group pictureat 5:00pm at the Amphitheatre. Wear a Heartland Tee-Shirt. Lots ofColour.

Sunday,April 27thLast Day, some departing; some staying for the “After the Rally”Pot Luck. Place & Time-TBA.
Thankyou all for coming to share Gulf Shores.

hogan
04-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Lunches call 6625239776

MCTalley
04-24-2014, 09:17 PM
We all had us some good ice cream and fixin's this evening. It was great meeting all the new folks here at the rally.

I should add that the "No Sugar Added" ice cream was the only one still nearly full at the end of the evening.

Tallyrver
04-24-2014, 09:51 PM
I think I was the only one eating the sugar free ice creme

Wayne

VKTalley
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM
I think I was the only one eating the sugar free ice creme

Wayne

Wayne, I do know there was at least two others who had the sugar-free vanilla. :-)
I had a small scoop of the Creole Cream Cheese and it was good.

hogan
04-25-2014, 06:58 AM
My two favorites: Italian Wedding Cake and Creole Cream Cheese. Yummmm

hogan
04-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Don't forget Bob's demonstration on Repair and Restoration of Corian countertops. 10:01am at the Pavillion. Look for us in the shady area.
Enjoy another beautiful day at Gulf Shores. Let's head over to Car Show at the Wharf. But don't be late for Supper.

Hogan

mountainlovers76
04-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Finally able to post some pics of the Blue Angels from Wednesday's show and one from Doc's Seafood that night.

Ricky and Rachel

hogan
04-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Finally able to post some pics of the Blue Angels from Wednesday's show and one from Doc's Seafood that night.

Ricky and Rachel
Awesome pictures of the Blue Angels. Thanks for posting so everyone can enjoy! And Thank You for joining up with us for the Rally. Hope you are enjoying and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hogan

Tallyrver
04-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Let's see...I'll take that one,and that one...no Waite I want that one.......

JanAndBill
04-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Big thank you to Bob for a great demonstration on caring for and resurfacing solid counter tops. And, another big thank you for polishing the counter tops in our rig. Now if we could figure out a way to lead you home via our house??

hogan
04-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Saw several of our bunch strolling the Wharf looking at the fancy auto's this afternoon. Dick Hill and I snuck off for a while. My favorite was a Studebaker Hawk; not the Larks. That new Vette was catchy too.

Great Pot Luck, but may need to find Speedy.

MCTalley
04-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Here are a few pics from Bob's demonstration earlier today. If you've never watched him fix a countertop, you'll be in for a treat.

MCTalley
04-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Also, had a great potluck this afternoon and lots of great RV-ing stories were told.

mountainlovers76
04-25-2014, 10:07 PM
If you did not get by the car show at the Wharf today, here is a small sample to peak your interest.

Tallyrver
04-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Ok children ,where do i sit?

hogan
04-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Ok children ,where do i sit? Well, it's pretty certain this spot is taken.

lindaw
04-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Wow kudos to Hogan and Donna, this has been a great rally and we sure have laughed a lot. Thank you both and I hope you have it here again.
LindaW

MCTalley
04-26-2014, 08:15 PM
What a great looking group of rally-goers. Thanks, Hogan and Donna for another great Spring rally!

If you want a full-size copy of the rally group photo, click here ---> Photo

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuism4l7vjxkje5/IMG_3986.jpg)

Lou_and_Bette
04-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Great photo Malcom. Thanks for taking it. Another great rally Hogan ad Donna

jbeletti
04-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Good looking group there. Looks like everyone was happy :)

VKTalley
04-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Good looking group there. Looks like everyone was happy :)

I think everyone had an awesome time, Jim!
Hogan and Donna, thanks for all your hard work making this a great rally!
Traveling Talleys will be pulling out early tomorrow morning (Sunday) heading northward.
Safe travel, everyone! See ya on down the road.

hogan
04-27-2014, 04:52 AM
What a great looking group of rally-goers. Thanks, Hogan and Donna for another great Spring rally!

If you want a full-size copy of the rally group photo, click here ---> Photo

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuism4l7vjxkje5/IMG_3986.jpg) Thanks to Malcolm Talley for providing the great group shot. Beautiful Colorful Group. You folks make the Rally what it is. I see several missing faces in the photo. I will post the finalized attendees list on this thread for all. Thanks to all you New Folks who were attending a Rally for the first time. We hope you enjoyed and will be back again. Don't forget to watch the Calendar for other Rallies you can go to. Tennessee Rally coming up soon in early May. And we will see everyone in Urbanna.

Hogan

lindaw
04-27-2014, 07:32 AM

If you want a full-size copy of the rally group photo, click here ---> Photo.

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuism4l7vjxkje5/IMG_3986.jpg)
Thanks Malcolm for taking the picture and Valerie for you help in organizing us.
Linda

dix36
04-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Not only were we noisy....we were colorful, too!!!

Tallyrver
04-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Thank to everyone for making our first Heartland rally a great one. We had a blast. Too bad we have to be back to work in the morning.

Wayne and Debbie

JanAndBill
04-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Thank you Hogan and Donna for another super Rally. We had to leave so early this morning that we didn't get a chance to say good bye. Good thing we did though as we hit heavy rain for the last 90 miles. Looking forward to seeing many of you at the TN rally. Safe travels y'all!

BigDaddy
04-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Ditto all that was said above. Good friends, good food, and good times!! We enjoyed seeing "old" friends and meeting new ones this year. Hope to see y'all in Urbanna!! We plan to head back to Birmingham early tomorrow morning trying to miss some of the heavier storms forecasted at home. Safe travels everyone!!

mountainlovers76
04-27-2014, 08:36 PM
A big thank you to all the Gulf Shores attendees for making out first Heartland Rally a really great one. A special thanks to Hogan and Donna for all their time and effort in putting the rally together and making it go so smoothly. We made many new friends the past few days and hope to see all of you again at future events. Rachel and I had not planned to make the national rally but after the good time we had with all our new friends at the AlaMissibamassippi rally we took a leap of faith and made reservations today for Urbanna VA. Rachel will be out of school so pray I can work things around so I can be off also. Will try to arrive Sunday the 8th but if not then hopefully that Wednesday at the latest.

Ricky and Rachel

VKTalley
04-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Thank you Hogan and Donna for another super Rally. We had to leave so early this morning that we didn't get a chance to say good bye. Good thing we did though as we hit heavy rain for the last 90 miles. Looking forward to seeing many of you at the TN rally. Safe travels y'all!

Glad you hear you are home safe. The Traveling Talleys decided to stay put in Wetumpka until Wednesday (Malcolm can work from this office) to ride out the storms here and not in Nashville.

BigDaddy
04-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Hogan --- I heard that a tornado touched down in Tupelo this afternoon. Any damage to your place?? We made it back to B'ham without driving through any rain. All is quiet here for now. Hope all is well with y'all.

hogan
04-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Hogan --- I heard that a tornado touched down in Tupelo this afternoon. Any damage to your place?? We made it back to B'ham without driving through any rain. All is quiet here for now. Hope all is well with y'all.
Bill,
We made a good decision to stay another day here. Our kids in Tupelo are all okay and a neighbor called to tell me the tornado had come directly over our neighborhood, but he had checked our house and it was okay. If you see Tupelo damage on TV, that area is about one mile from our home.
Glad you got home safely,
Hogan

BigDaddy
04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Great news! Hope all the remaining storms pass with no damage.

lindaw
04-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Bill,
We made a good decision to stay another day here. Our kids in Tupelo are all okay and a neighbor called to tell me the tornado had come directly over our neighborhood, but he had checked our house and it was okay. If you see Tupelo damage on TV, that area is about one mile from our home.
Glad you got home safely,
Hogan
According to my cousin who lives in pontatoc it hit north and the mall. Glad you didn,t leave also.
LindaW

GrumpyOneandTwo
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM
Shirley & I want to thank the AlaMissiBamaSippi Chapter for allowing us to be part of the rally this past week-end. We sure met a lot of great folks! Yes, even you dix36!!!!!!!! Thanks to Hogan and Donna for a great time, lots of great food, more laughs at story telling time and a fun "Dirty Santa" of RV products. Where is that blue cooler anyway??????

A very special thanks to Bob for taking the time to demonstrate the repair and care of counter tops AND a Very Special Thanks for waxing our counters and island tops. THANKS BOB.

Hope to see y'all at another rally.

Mike

wyndysweep
04-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Hope everyone is ok after storms. We came thru the hit area of Clements & Athens about an hour before they hit. Has anyone heard from Donna & Hogan?? I know Tupelo was hit also. Wyndy & Pat

wyndysweep
04-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Hope everyone is ok after storms. We came thru the hit area of Clements & Athens about an hour before they hit. Has anyone heard from Donna & Hogan?? I know Tupelo was hit also. Wyndy & Pat
Just saw the other threads - glad everyone seems safe.

JanAndBill
04-29-2014, 07:31 AM
We were extremely fortunate as the tornadoes and storms passed just to the north of us. Many of our neighbors were not so fortunate. Many houses destroyed, and many injured in the Sardis, Mountainboro, and Smiths Institute area. First responders worked through the night freeing people trapped in their collapsed homes. Please keep these and all the others affected by the storms in your prayers. Hopefully our fellow Alabama and Mississippi Heartlanders survived a terrible night.

MCTalley
04-29-2014, 08:57 AM
We spent an hour in the early morning hours in our campground's bathhouse due to tornado warnings. Nothing much more than a little wind, rain and lightning. We are down in the Montgomery, AL area. Haven't seen much evidence of weather around here. We're praying for those much less fortunate. Looks like another round coming through this afternoon.

GETnBYE
04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
All that we lost was a bit of sleep. Prayers for those more affected. I might nap in the basement tonight rather than waiting for the sirens. Need to be cleaning my house instead of dealing with mother nature's antics!:mad:

javankrona
04-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Hey y'all. Glad to hear everyone seems to have weathered the storms well. I just want to thank you folks for your hospitality at the rally, Janet and I really enjoyed seeing how you folks are set up and looking forward to joining in more fully on the fun once we rig-up") a special thanks to Hogan and Donna for introducing us around a bit and to Paul & Sheila and Kim & Dottie for walking us through your rigs and giving us some great pointers for down the road. Cheers.

John & Janet

VKTalley
05-01-2014, 08:41 PM
To everyone that was at the Gulf Shores rally, my son, David, received his card today. He was greatly surprised and pleased with all the messages and signatures! His responses was..."WOW, there were a lot of people at the rally!"
Thank you again, everyone, for signing the card!

lindaw
05-02-2014, 05:55 AM
To everyone that was at the Gulf Shores rally, my son, David, received his card today. He was greatly surprised and pleased with all the messages and signatures! His responses was..."WOW, there were a lot of people at the rally!"
Thank you again, everyone, for signing the card!Having met your son last year in Tennessee, it
was a pleasure to sign his card. You should be very proud of him.
LindaW

VKTalley
05-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Having met your son last year in Tennessee, it
was a pleasure to sign his card. You should be very proud of him.
LindaW

Thanks, Linda! We are very proud of him! I could not ask for a better son, daughter or son-in-love! We are proud of them all....especially the two granddaughters!