Central Vacuum won't shut off

Boozecamp

First trip with this new BH 3570RS and the darn vac system works great but won't shut off unless I trip the breaker. We slid the door plate up to sweep to it, then slid it down to shut it off and the flap shuts tight but it continues to suck, drawing a hard vacuum. This sucks! No pun intented! I tried shorting out the terminals as it appears that's what the little copper bar does when it's closed and door plate is slide down. No change. Any thoughts?

Subdrv

First trip with this new BH 3570RS and the darn vac system works great but won't shut off unless I trip the breaker. We slid the door plate up to sweep to it, then slid it down to shut it off and the flap shuts tight but it continues to suck, drawing a hard vacuum. This sucks! No pun intented! I tried shorting out the terminals as it appears that's what the little copper bar does when it's closed and door plate is slide down. No change. Any thoughts?

Shorting out the pins on mine is what turns on the vac. I would make sure the part that slides up is aligned. Someone stepped on mine and turned on until I got it back on straight.

dbbls59

Ours started running one time in the middle of the night. It was a short in the switch in the door. I unplugged it to shut it off until I could get it to the dealer to replace the switch. We never use the sucker now because it does a poor job on carpet. No beater head.

ILH

Ours periodically does the same thing. Dealer has tried to fix it - with marginal success. When it happens we just flip the breaker.

porthole

Retired
Probably jinx myself here, but mine is still fine since I made that post a year ago (Dan's link)

FWIW, all the rage seems to be using the cordless Dyson instead of the built in.
I still like the built in, especially since I have now vented mine to the outside.

If the next trailer comes with the Dyson instead of the central, I see another mod thread starting early.