Cyclone 4000/Road Warrior 410

To begin the 4000 is a very nice layout until you see the layout of the RW 410. My dream would be to have these two units get married and then a wonderful mix would emerge. The king size bed of the 4000 mixed with the windows and large slide with couch or free standing table. It kills me that the 4000 does not have a kitchen window, considering that both slides in the 4000 have no windows facing the rear of the coach? How could this be over come, take a walk in the 410 and you will see. I am hoping Heartland takes a good look at this, a 410 Road Warrior transformed to the Cyclone level. Having a king size bed is nice especially for us bigger fellows. Now for the dream RV, pass through bathroom from the bedroom, 14 foot garage, 410 Road Warrior layout with all of the Cyclone quality, and last that king size bed. Come on AJ I know you can do it, your the king of toy haulers!:cool:

alex00

I agree about the floor plan. It's too bad the kitchen isn't in a slide or the bed is a queen.

If the 4000 had that couch on the opposite side and the fridge on the kitchen side in a slide I'd love it. The 4000 is still my favorite plan but a hybrid of the two would be awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

porthole

Retired
If we were to get a new toy hauler it would not be a Cyclone.

The new Road Warrior 425 is real nice,and options that used to be not available on the RW are now standard, like the solid surface counter tops.

SO much for brand specifics.

Seen a new Gateway or Big Country lately? Don't remember which one it was, but it rivals a Landmark

alex00

Porthole,

Is that because the price points are different but they come with similar equipment?

I liked a few of the RW plans at first but more research showed tank capacity, bed size or just closer looks at the plans keep me away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

I think you nailed it, price point and bed size. The Road Warrior seems to offer a more creative open space but lacks the sought after King Bed.

Is that because the price points are different but they come with similar equipment?

I liked a few of the RW plans at first but more research showed tank capacity, bed size or just closer looks at the plans keep me away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4[/QUOTE]

gpshemi

I said it once before, but Cyclone just hasn't kept pace with the TH trends and the Heartland TH brands. It's no longer on the highest end it once was. Now it's almost par for the course. Still a nice coach, don't get me wrong, but not the "Landmark" of the TH's.

remoandiris

I like my 4000. Would have preferred a RW 390 if the 390 had more kitchen storage space, but RVing requires compromises unless you can afford a custom built unit.

psmith53

I agree, we have a 2009 Landmark now that's for sell, we found after 7 months we needed a toy hauler and looked at the Cyclones. When you live full time in an RV you want nice living areas as much as a place to store the toys. We had a hard time finding an actual Cyclone model we could look at once we thought we knew which model we liked according to the Heartland website and brochures. The pictures were deceiving as far as space and what each model offered. We ran upon a Forest River XLR Thunderbolt that fit our floor plan needs but would prefer a Heartland simply because we think Heartlands are better built and better quality. We are finding selling is not an easy thing to do even if it's a great fulltime RV. Maybe by the time we sell Heartland will have the model we need.

We agree with you comment on XLR they are nice but not sure about quality and customer service. We like the Road Warrior floor plans over the Cyclone but no king size bed or color choice, (battleship gray cap, yuk). We also wish there were more models with a 14' garage. Dream ship would be a RW 410 or 415 with king bed and 14' garage!

Hate to say it but Raptor has one heck of a line up coming out in the toy hauler, for example tandem axle, 12ft garage and king size bed with night stands not to mention direct passage from the bedroom to the bathroom! I think Cyclone is going have to really step it up on design the ladies love all of the kitchen storage. Both Cyclone and Raptor fall under Thor, funny how they tend to blast each other from time to time.

remoandiris

The fit, finish, and materials of the Grand Design Momentum look nice, too. I don't care for either living area layout though.

dbear

...king size bed with night stands not to mention direct passage from the bedroom to the bathroom...
Neither of which are selling points for me. In fact, dual entry baths are more of a deal breaker to me, reducing both shower size and storage. A king bed wastes floorspace in bedroom frequently requiring one to sidle into and out of bed, and makes me go farther across the bed to snuggle with DW.