Replace carpet in BC 3560 RL with Beauflor

CoffeeCup

Has anyone out there had all of their carpet replaced with the Beauflor? We are not expecting to find a new 3650 RL on a lot with this already complete and I'm wondering how much it would cost to have that done by the dealer? Is this something that could be considered in price negotiations? And, will it look good?

I've spoken with Heartland and understand we can order the 3650 with this option in the living room at no extra cost, but special ordering a FW for this particular request seems like overkill. I'm not sure at this point if it is possible in the bedroom at all, but that may be something we are interested in as well.

Does anyone have any experience in this option?

danemayer

Hi CoffeeCup,

I haven't done this, but I'm wondering if there's a way to install the new flooring all the way out to the edges without removing the slideouts. In the factory, I assume they'd do it before installing the slideouts. Might be considerably more expensive after the unit is all put together.

Theresau

We have MAXX vinyl - we ordered it as such. Our sofa is in the rear so the vinyl goes all the way back. Dinette slide has carpet. I recall that at the Goshen rally someone told me they had it done in the bedroom as well.

By the way ordering doesn't take that long and it's nice because you can get the coach exactly as you would like and it's much less expensive to do it then than later. Heartland is very flexible - you can order options that are not listed.

Theresa

Has anyone out there had all of their carpet replaced with the Beauflor? We are not expecting to find a new 3650 RL on a lot with this already complete and I'm wondering how much it would cost to have that done by the dealer? Is this something that could be considered in price negotiations? And, will it look good?

I've spoken with Heartland and understand we can order the 3650 with this option in the living room at no extra cost, but special ordering a FW for this particular request seems like overkill. I'm not sure at this point if it is possible in the bedroom at all, but that may be something we are interested in as well.

Does anyone have any experience in this option?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think you can eliminate carpeted edges of the slide outs. It helps cover the transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CoffeeCup

I spoke with Joel at Heartland today and he recommended we factory order that option. He did say the bedroom vinyl was NOT available through factory, so I guess if we decide we want that, it would be on our on time and dime. We were mainly wanting it in the living traffic areas, so slides aren't necessary.

I think ordering will be a little more exciting anyway. Are price negotiations more difficult when ordering vs dealer inventory? Do you lock in your price and trade value before making a deposit or make your deposit and hope for the best on delivery day?

Also, I just noticed model # is wrong in the subject line. Meant 3650 RL. "Fat thumbs"

danemayer

Definitely lock in the price and trade value at the time of order.

There shouldn't be any difference in the price negotiations. They may try to sell you something on the lot and argue that the price is lower, but that's just a sales pitch without facts behind it.

They've got expenses tied up in the one on the lot and it's aging. Eventually they'll have to discount it as an older unit in order to move it. So while they may be more "motivated" toward a lower price, their cost is actually higher because of those expenses.

There's the cost of placing an order. But they have to place an order to get your rig or to replace the one you buy, so that's neutral.

There's a possiblity that wholesale price to them from Heartland may have changed, but any changes are probably small so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you get an email/web quote from RVsForLess in Tennessee, or RV Capital Wholesalers in Elkhart, IN, you'll know how low your dealer can go.

Theresau

Another "wholesale" dealer is Lakeshore RV in Michigan. We got the best trade and price combination from them. We found that these internet/wholesale type of dealers tend to give a low trade value but a great price. We went that route - put the deal together with the trade and then sold it ourself on Craigslist. We got $5,300 more for our BH when we sold it ourself than had been offered by Lakeshore RV and about $8,000 more than RV Capital offered. Combined with the great price we got an incredible deal altogether.

Selling the BH was very easy - we offered it at a very competitive price much less than NADA and it sold right away.

If you order, check into coming to the factory when it's being built - just a great experience! We did that with the BH and BC.

Theresa

Definitely lock in the price and trade value at the time of order.

There shouldn't be any difference in the price negotiations. They may try to sell you something on the lot and argue that the price is lower, but that's just a sales pitch without facts behind it.

They've got expenses tied up in the one on the lot and it's aging. Eventually they'll have to discount it as an older unit in order to move it. So while they may be more "motivated" toward a lower price, their cost is actually higher because of those expenses.

There's the cost of placing an order. But they have to place an order to get your rig or to replace the one you buy, so that's neutral.

There's a possiblity that wholesale price to them from Heartland may have changed, but any changes are probably small so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you get an email/web quote from RVsForLess in Tennessee, or RV Capital Wholesalers in Elkhart, IN, you'll know how low your dealer can go.