ATF: Landmark - Query on Lippert Level Up - Winterization

DHill57

We are about to winterize our 2013 Mesa for the first time. Since we've rv'd previously we are clear on what needs to be done with the entire unit with the exception of our Lippert Level Up system. Since the unit will spend the winter in temperatures that get as low as -20 F we will be taking off the batteries (and disconnecting shore power). We want to leave the system with the jacks down.....are there any issues or is there anything we need to do? I've tried contacting Lippert and so far they have not answered my query and we need to get on with winterizing very soon. Thanks in advance!

danemayer

Hi DHill57,

I think the only thing that Lippert Levelup Docs say about maintenance is as follows:

If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods with a silcone lubricant every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty environment, it is recommended to spray the rods every 2 to 3 days.

We use our Landmark for extended ski trips up to 6 weeks in the Colorado mountains with temps down to -30 F. I spray on silicone lubricant about 3 times per year. I doubt most people do even that much.

Btw, we have a Winterizing Guide in the manuals section of the forum that might be of help to you since it includes information on the Anderson 4-way Valve and also discussed the ice maker and washing machine/washing machine prep. Here's a link.

DHill57

Thanks....we've been using the silicone spray about once a month as we've been parked since May. Thanks also for link to the winterizing document...really helpful!!