Hot Water Heater Problems

BluegrassMan

Hi Everyone:

This weekend was only the Second time out with out Grand Canyon, yeah I know I should use it more. The 1st time out I couldn't get the water heater to work on Gas, it would light (roar) then taper off, which I thought would be way too soon, I was right the water got just slightly warm.

This weekend I had to do the same (because of limited electricity). Again just slightly warm water. There is no adjustment like all my other heaters, this one is electronic and preset. Will I have to go back to the dealer for waranty repair ?:cool:

Lucky Me water too cold and AC too warm in the same weekend.:(

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Bluegrass Man
I have a Grand Canyon and the water heater works great on gas. I would have the dealer check the unit. If it is working all right on Electric than that should rule out the thermostat, but this is why there is a warranty.

Scott

Water Heater

Bluegrass Man,
This is Scott from the Heartland factory, was wondering if you had a chance to have your dealer check out your water heater? If you are still having issues or problems with it, give us a call at Heartland (ph. 574.262.5992) and ask for Randy Denton (Customer Service Manager) who will be sure to get it handled quickly.

ST

K

Ken Washington

Ken Washington

WE had the same problem. Check the outside shower ( quick connect ) to see if the hot and cold valves are off. Ours was left on by dealer and hot and cold water was being mixed at this point. We have a 37 ft. Grand Cayon and are not happy with the air conditioning ether.

K

Ken Washington

Ken Washington

WE have one air conditioner in our 2006 37ft. Grand Cayon. It does not :mad: do a good gob at 85 degrees + in the sun. We are considering a second unit in the bedroom and woundering how it will work with the other unit. Can anyone that has two units let me know if they are happy with this set up and how they work? kwashington@bellsouth.net

jesse

I have a new 3055 Bighorn, I am trying to get the hot water heater to work. It works on electric but not on propane, there is no clicking noise or propane smell. Anybody have any ideas what my problem might be?

jbeletti

Jesse,

I'm more of the simpleton around here but sharper folks will chime in tonight I'll bet. So for me, I'm asking: Are the LP tanks full, are both tank valves fully opened, did you have a red light on at the white control panel indicated the gas power has been selected for the water heater and last, does the furnace work?

Jim

bowtorc

Jesse

There are two buttons under the rubber cover that you see on the outside of the water heater. they are just screwed to the side of the heater. One is the temp. sensor for gas and one is for electric. If one of them fail the heater will only work on the good one. If the sensor for the gas fails it will not read the water temp. and turn on the gas. If all other things fail,try checking that. I don't remeber wich one is which but Any rv shop/store can tell you and it is a 5 minute job to replace if you are not near a dealer. Hope this helps.

Roger