No Shore Power

zohhh6

For some reason, when plugged into shore power, my 2011 Cycle C300 has no power. The breakers inside the cabin are not tripped, and I've checked the breakers at the house. For a couple weeks I have had the unit plugged up to standard 110 outlet just keep the fridge running and for some reason it now has no power. The generator powers the unit perfectly with no issues, but when i turn the generator off, I get no power. I have located the ATS and opened the cover. I can see the switch working, meaning each side of the switch is depressed at the appropriate time, but still no power when its in the "shore" position.

This happened once before and I brought the unit it to be fixed. The technician indicated it was a pretty straightforward fix but that person is no longer at the shop and I am not getting any answers from the two dealer service locations I have called.

I appreciate any help you may offer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing that came to mind when you said you checked the breaker in the house., was did you check the extensionn cord to see if you have 120 volts where you plug into the coach?
I would also revisit the transfer switch looking for a fuse or other reset button.
I would also use my meter to check if the 120 from shore power is there.

Peace
Dave

zohhh6

I did not check the extension chord, but I did move the unit closer to the home and plugged into the 50 amp connection. Still no shore power.

danemayer

Your outdoor outlet might be on a Ground Fault circuit with a reset button in the garage, or kitchen or some other location in the house.

I agree with Dave. Start by checking for voltage where you're plugging the trailer in. If you don't have a meter handy, find a lamp or other appliance. Make sure it works. Plug into the extension cord to see if you have power.

Make sure the trailer power cord connection is tight.

Also, have you checked anything in the coach that uses 110V other than the refrigerator?

scottyb

After checking the power cord, check both sides in/out of the transfer switch L1 to Neutral, and L2 to neutral. If you have power coming in but nothing coming out, it's a bad transfer switch. If you have power on both sides, you can trace it further down or up stream from there. The fact that it is good on gen power eliminates beyond the TS

RuralPastor

After checking the power cord, check both sides in/out of the transfer switch L1 to Neutral, and L2 to neutral. If you have power coming in but nothing coming out, it's a bad transfer switch. If you have power on both sides, you can trace it further down or up stream from there. The fact that it is good on gen power eliminates beyond the TS

I agree. It sounds a lot like a transfer switch to me. As scottyb said, check the power cord first, then hone in on the xfer switch. Mark

zohhh6

Well, I don't understand why it worked but it did. The problem seemed to be related to a dead battery. I found a post on a google search of someone that encountered the same problem to which an RV Technician told him it was the result of low or dead 12 Volt battery, so I put the system on a battery charger over night and it seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks for the help and feedback.

zohhh6

Well I take it back. Right before leaving for a weekend in trip I plugged into shore power and sure enough the ats was not working. I had to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free