TST 507 Sensor Broke Off

Eddhuy

The sensor stem broke and fell off. It was still threaded onto the metal valve stem but only the small part to the right. Luckily I was coming to a stop at my destination. This sensor is a pass through type allowing me to inflate the tire without having to remove it. The pass through works both ways, my tire began to deflate and yes the alarm did go off.

Broken TST TPMS transmitter.jpgIMG_20130919_100648_219.jpg

I can see no marks on the sensor, I was thinking something must have hit it but really do not know. TST said to send it back and they will replace it but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them? I am certainly hoping not, this has got to be a rare occurrence.

scottyb

I have one that the housing has broken. There is a chunk missing, but not enough to leak air. I was getting a low battery alarm on the way home and I assume it is due to the electronics being exposed. I will be in contact with TST.

Manzan

No problem with mine and this is the first I have heard of this happening. Bet they replace it N/C. They are a great company!

Eddhuy

They are going to replace it at no cost, it is less than a month old. Just glad it went flat sitting in a parking lot vice on the road.

It's convenient not having to remove it to air up but the non-pass through would not flatten the tire in the same situation. I doubt it will happen again though.

happykraut

One of mine broke off. Called them and they sent me a new one at no charge. They are great to work with.