Unbelievable Tow Rig!

oldmannj

Don't you need my permission to post pics of my TV and trailer??? LOL!!!! That is some kind of nightmare. If I'm the cop that stops that guy he's getting put under the jail!!! Thanks for the laugh ED. :angel:

Eddhuy

It's amazing what a little ingenuity will do. I wasted a bunch of money on a nice truck. I could have had backup rigs instead of buying something more reliable.

jimtoo

Red, Red, Red, Red, Redneck...ingenuity....

This is the redneck way... and I know for a fact it happened.

My Son’s FIL had his 38’ SOB 5er in the shop. Received call that it was ready to go. His 1 ton Dually was in shop also, different town. So FIL calls his son, not mine, to go and pick it up for him. Son takes old ranch ½ ton to shop where 1 ton is, takes hitch out of bed and sets in the ½ ton, NO anchors or anything. Goes to feed store and buys feed that they need anyway. About 15-20 100# bags of feed and stacks around the hitch setting in bed of truck. Drives to dealer, hooks onto the 5er… no lights or brake wiring. The DEALER LET HIM DRIVE OFF THIS WAY. He drove about 60 miles like this without any problem. He said he only drove 35-40 mph. The ½ ton was overloaded with just the feed, and then add about 2000#+ hitch weight. He did make it home OK. He has done several stupid things like that before. Like chaining the front bumper of a pickup to the back bumper of another pickup and actually pulling it about 12 miles into town to shop because it would not run. He did not have anyone in the towed pickup, he was by himself.

Jim M

caissiel

There you go nothing beats red neck type of experience.
Our wood workers here drive over loaded 1/2 tons all the time. They are much better in the mud loaded and empty.
My 1/4 ton Ranger was much better in soft soils and loaded and went places my F250 will never. I surely missed it last week.

And older 5th wheel campers were not real pin heavy. My 24 ft unit had 400 lbs on the hitch with full 20 gal water tank. So an SUV could have held it to. It was no load for the Ranger so I loaded more in the truck box and in the front bed.

Sent from my U8666-51 using Tapatalk 2