adding plug to front of camper?

PEIFAMILY

We have a 2011 Sundance 3300ck, We have the 50amp plug in the back and when we are on the road, we have a yamaha gen in the back of the truck. I have to run my 50amp cable along side the camper, to the back of the truck and plugged into the 110v gen.

What I would like to do is have a plugin at the front of the camper, so I can just run my 110v cord to it directly and not bother with the armful of cords. Is this possible?

Would I be able to get away with a 110v plugin coming out of the camper or would it need to be a 50amp one?

This would ONLY be used on the road and NOT when the rear 50amp one is plugged in.

Thanks!

Speedy

You'll need to have some type of transfer switch installed because if you just add a receptacle you'll be powering the one in the back once the gen set is running. If anyone opened the cover to the rear receptacle and touched either of the HOT terminals they would be shocked.

donr827

When NuWa was building trailers one of the options requested by quite a few people was a 50 amp receptacle in the front of the trailer to use when the pedestal was at the front of the camp site. A transfer switch is a must have,
Don

brianharrison

The OEM transfer switch in my Landmark is a Progressive Dynamics PD5200 (link here). It is a 120/240V 50Amp rated unit. Here is the detailed owners manual. I would suggest a minimum 30A connection, so you can run a generator from the back of your truck if you choose in the future.

In any event you will need a 50A transfer switch as this is the rating/config of your existing shore power.

Brian