Water under cabinet

GeneF

I hooked up the fresh water hose and had some problems with it not leaking.

After trying different hoses and changing a washer, I stopped the leak. The water had sprayed out and also leaked inside of the trailer.

However, there was water inside the tt. The water was coming from under the converter and closet. I mopped up the water as much as possible BUT I could not find any access to try to get under the cabinat to get to any more water that might be there.

Looking under the drawer, it was sealed. No Access

I took a piece of panneling off from the front cabinat but access was blocked by paneling.

Anyone have any idea how this area can be accessed? This is a 2013 26rlss.

There was not a super lot of water but just concerned if there was a chance of the panneling rotting or the floor.

Thx for any info.

mbopp

Re: Water under cabinat

Can you post a pic?

I had a leak in our new 21FBS - the outside shower hose wasn't screwed tight on the diverter. My first clues were the sound of running water and seepage from under the converter cabinet when I tried the outside shower. Fortunately this happened during my driveway shakedown and not at a campsite.
I was able to depress the drawer stops and remove the drawers in the bathroom. I could then reach back far enough to tighten the hose connection. And after removing the shore power and disconnecting the battery I pulled the converter out, sopped everything up, and ran an electric heater set on "low" for a day to dry everything out.

GeneF

Thx for the reply.

Looks like pulling out the converter may be the only way. I was hoping to avoid doing that.

Looks like a design flaw in that anything that has to do with water should have some access.

Pulling out the drawer would do no good as there is a panel sealing the area where the converter is.

My other water issue was the first time I tried the black tank flush. Wife screamed that there was water all over the bathroom. Problem was that some nut at the factory failed to tighten a couple of fittings.

I haven't seen any more water seeping out so I am assuming that what was left has evaporated or been absorbed. Just hoping it didn't have enough time to affect any of the hidden panelling.

mbopp

Pulling the converter isn't bad. IIRR in the WFCO it's 2 screws to remove the cover then 4 screws to remove the converter.
I hear you about plumbing access. I have a corner shower on 2 outside walls and there's no way to get behind it to replace the shower valve.