C G in New Orleans area?

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Does anyone have a suggestion concerning what campground to use while spending a few day in the New Orleans area? I found the East Campground, Slidell, LA, near Hwy 433, and it seems decent. Any suggestions are appreciated.

SGeohagan

We stayed at Pontchatrain Landing a couple of years ago. They close the gates at night, have free shuttle to and from downtown, accept Passport America. My sister-in-law actually caught a couple of black drum right out her front door.

DougS

Doug S
We stayed at Pontchatrain Landing in June, we would stay there again. The shuttle was great for a small fee. Good discount with Pass Port America. We were taken back by the area at first, an old industry area, but the park was fine. We asked for site away from the pool bar, because the reviews said it was loud, but we did not hear any loud music. Park is big rig friendly.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Thanks for the info. I made reservation at the landing using my Passport America card. Appreciate the help.

vangoes

X2 on Fontainbleu State Park and a very interesting drive to New Orleans across the Ponchatrain causeway (if you like long bridges!)