ATF: Road Warrior - Universal Docking Center (UDC)

BuddyB

I recently purchsed a 2011 Roadwarrior 405rw. My installed UDC doesn't match up with any diagrams I can find online nor are there any labels or stickers indicating what each item does.
A brief description is :

There are 4 cable TV connectors on the top
I have the old style fresh water fill/city water connection
Below that there is a quick connect water hose
About the same level is a water hose connector (black water flush??)
A short hose with a small adapter
An on/off power switch
Water bypass for winterizing

If you have any diagrams/instructions for this installation,

much appreciated

Thanks

Buddy

danemayer

I recently purchsed a 2011 Roadwarrior 405rw. My installed UDC doesn't match up with any diagrams I can find online nor are there any labels or stickers indicating what each item does.

Hi BuddyB,

Sometimes there's a diagram on the cargo hatch - easy to miss.

There are 4 cable TV connectors on the top - Probably satellite connections. Of each pair, the right side probably goes to the rooftop prewiring for a rooftop satellite dish. The left side of each pair would match up with living room and bedroom satellite connections. There's likely a 5th connector, maybe on the side, for cable.

I have the old style fresh water fill/city water connection
Below that there is a quick connect water hose = maybe city water connection
About the same level is a water hose connector (black water flush??) - maybe black flush

A short hose with a small adapter - sounds like the antifreeze suction hose for winterizing.
An on/off power switch - probably a switch to turn on the water pump from the UDC, although I didn't know this was on 2011s. Or something the prior owner added.
Water bypass for winterizing

We have a Water Systems Guide that may be of help. Here's a link.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The quick connect could be for the outside shower hose. Did you get a separate coiled hose with a quick connect on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

szewczyk_john

The quick connect is for the coiled water hose. The thing you are calling black water flush is for hooking your hose like city water. I have no power switch but my trailer is in storage and I'm going from memory.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Be very careful with hooking up city water. Make sure it is going to the internal plumbing (e.g., faucets) before leaving it running. Many people have accidently connected to their black tank flush with disasterous results.

BuddyB

Here are some pics I took last night. Sorry for all the questions but very few manuals were with the rig when we bought it. We have 3 TVs (Bedroom, Living, and Garage) and we also have the Winegard roof mounted satelitte system. Looks like only 2 cable outs and 1 cable in, is this right? Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

BuddyStraight.jpgSide View.jpg

danemayer

The two covered coax connectors on the top right are probably for satellite. The unknown part is whether these go to living room and bedroom, or to rooftop and living room, needing a jumper to enable the rooftop dish. If the rooftop dish came with the rig, I would have expected the jumper to be in place if that's the wiring in use. So my guess would be that the rooftop dish was wired to the living area, and possibly to other areas by the dish installer, and may not be using the factory wiring.

The rest of your labels look right, but I'd suggest testing the black tank flush. If you have a clear sewer adapter, hook up to the sewer connection and run water into the black tank flush to see if it's coming out the sewer outlet.

You can also test the city water connection. With it connected, and pump off, make sure you have water coming out of faucets, and not draining through the black tank into the sewer line.

You can test the switch to see if it's for the water pump. Newer rigs have a switch inside and a switch in the UDC for convenience. They're wired in a 3-way switch arrangement so either one will operate the pump. With water in the fresh tank, and the external shower hose connected, and no city water, turn on the switch to see if the pump turns on to run water out the shower hose. If it doesn't, make sure you also try the inside switch to be sure the pump is working.

And of course the switch could be an owner modification of unknown purpose - maybe to turn on a light somewhere.

Btw, we have an extensive collection of manuals on the forum. Here's a link. We also have a number of owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides that you may find helpful.

Lou_and_Bette

BuddyB, I have a 2011 405rw also. Your UDC is only slightly different than mine. The port you labeled "cable" on up left is cable connector (I have an additional one in the upper left labeled "phone") The two connectors on the right are satellite connectors. I believe it is intended for the one on the right of the pair to be connected to a pre-wired roof connector if you desire to have a dish on your roof. The left one of the pair is for a dish that sits on the ground. I can not promise that the cables in the coach go where they are supposed to go. From my UDC the left satellite cable went to one connector on the plate on the other side of the basement...the lower connector of this plate went to the living area, so to get satellite reception, I had to connect the two. You have everything else labeled correctly. That is your black tank flush connector. You hook a separate water hose to this connector when you want to dump and flush your black water tank. The fresh water fill is a gravity fill only. City water is for a hose connection to a water supply. The power switch is for a pump to be used in conjunction with the Antifreeze fill tube when you want to winterize. We full time in our rig and I have never used this feature but believe the process involves using the bypass lever hidden behind the soap dispenser and placing the end of the tube in the antifreeze jug and then turning on the power switch to pump the fliud through out the coach. I believe this power switch is for the water pump to use if you are dry camping and have fresh water in the tank or you can use the power switch in the main panel inside the coach labeled "water pump." Not sure if both have to be on since we have never used this option either. Hope this info helped. Lou

BuddyB

Thanks for all the replies. :) I think maybe I'm on the right track. Will definately do some "trail" runs on the water connectors to make sure. Guess I'll just have to play with the cable connections to see if I even need them since the rooftop satellite was already installed and wired. Also, thanks for the links for the manuals. I think that I have gone and printed all that I need. Just can't find a manual for this design UDC, only the new ones.

Buddy