Bedroom closet door latches

tljack

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3570RS. The latch for the right hand closet door is screwed into approx. 1/8th inch panel. On the first trip it pulled out. I used a hole saw from the washer/crier closet to install a backing plate made of wood. I covered it with a blank electrical plate.

Garypowell

Good fix!

I really hate closet latches. They seem to break a lot and are a pain when stationary. The first time mine break I usually replace them with a dowel rod with rubber tipped ends for use during travel. When stationary they are stored and closets work like "normal"

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The plastic latches are very easy to break. I use Velcro strips on the ends of the doors and the closet frame to keep the doors closed. I do have to periodically replace the Velcro because it doesn't stick to the shiny wood very well and I really don't want to sand down the wood.

GOTTOYS

I've seen several SOBs with different styles that won't break. I keep a stock of 3-4 of the junk plastic ones on hand as spares. I try to remember to hold them open when latching the doors for travel but it doesn't always happen...Don

tljack

The latches on our unit are made of metal. The are like an upside down "J". The large end slides up and down and the small end slips into a metal barrel. They work great and for the most part are very sturdy. When not in use, I rotate them flush to the casing. The issue I resolved was the very flimsy wall partition the one was screwed into. The others and the one on the sliding door between the bathroom and bed room are great. We really like them and find they work exceptionally good