280BH Cargo area max weight

medic9016

Just curious what the 700 Lbs max for the cargo area of the 280BH is based on. Is it based on tongue weight or frame and floor area construction?

M

Mcreech

The Engineer's at Heartland set that limit based mostly on what it does to the hitch weight... With the cargo area up front, the Hitch weight was the top concern here.

medic9016

Thanks Mike. Merrry Christmas. I was told by our salesman and again during our PDI by the Service guy, that I would have no problem with our golfcart, which is the reason we went with the 280BH. I can not find a dry weight for our golfcart, I'm thinking it is a little more than 700 Lbs. The batteries alone are 340 Lbs. I think the ramp door has a max total of 1700 Lbs. My TV has a 1200 Lbs class IV hitch, so over loading the hitch will not be a problem.

Thanks
Shannon

M

Mcreech

I know when we tested the trailer with 700lbs, we pulled the trailer with a 1/2 truck without any sway control bars and it towed like a dream....

JER-1

280 Bh Will Hold About 800 Lbs.

REP told me at RV show today the 280 bh will hold about 800 lbs. easy up front but watch your hitch wt.
Ordered mine last week should see it sometime Feb they tell me, Feb. 1,2008 supposed to start a production run of 280BH .