ATF: North Trail - Wardrobe Slide Leak

halldog

I have a 2013 North Trail 31QBSS. We are very pleased with the unit. We have had a few issues mostly minor. The biggest problem we have is the wardrobe slide leaking. We have taken it to the dealer 3 hours away twice for this problem. It started to rain last night filled up 2 solo cups of water. It is coming in at the lower right hand side from the inside. Thanks in advance for the help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Halldog, welcome to this great forum.
Water leaks can be a real pain to track down, which is probably why your dealer could not remedy your leak.
Hopefully some one on this forum will have some helpful information for you.
Is your slide leaking when it is in or out?

Peace
Dave

We have the same unit and the same issue, camping world had it for 6 mo and said they fixed the problem then gave us the unit back with mold everywhere in the wardrobe. They took the wardrobe out and rebuilt it brand new. I also have an issue with softball sized dent marks on front phylon piece. Do you have any of these?

EandJ

Have a 2012 31QBSS. Wardrobe slide leaked like a sieve when we first got it out. Took it back to the purchasing dealer - they had if for a month and "somewhat" fixed it. It still leaked - just not as bad. Did not want to take it back again as they took forever, plus it was 5 hour drive each way.

Took it to Ron Hoover in Houston. They fixed it in two days.

Our leak was on the lower left side. But it might have been the same as yours. I will try to describe it to make sense.

There is "L" shaped piece that coves the bottom edge of the slide - one on each side where the bottom of the wardrobe meets the side. At the outside corner, mine had some white 4" tape covering where the "L" ended. If you lifted the tape, there was no caulk on the top of the "L" under the tape, so moisture could just run under the tape and between the "L" and the side of the wardrobe and be funneled right into the interior of the trailer. This was the part that the original dealer fixed in a month. It solved part of the problem. But is still leaked some.

Part two was the was still the "L" shaped piece. It was now nicely caulked all the way between the top part of the "L" and the side of the wardrobe. But depending on how level from side to side we were parked, water occasionally still came down the side of the wardrobe and a small amount of it went along the top of the caulk line and into the trailer that way. It wasn't much, but it still did it. Ron Hoover cut a small pice of plastic - same material as the outside of the slide into a triangle. They glued it to the top of the "L" shape up against the trailer end of the wardrobe. And then caulked it in real good. It was only about 1" tall, but it was enough to stop any water traveling along the caulk line from going into the trailer - because once it traveled to where the triangle began, it would have to run uphill. It was an incredibly simple fix, once the problem was discovered.

This was hard to describe without a picture. Hopefully it made some sense. I can get a picture and post it this weekend - I usually get home from work to late during the week. That way - it will be easier to understand.

Your other problem sounds like hail damage maybe? I have no idea.

halldog

I think I understand what you are trying to describe. Is there anyway you could upload a picture of it? Thanks alot..