Tilex for Mold & Mildew on your roof

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Not by choice, we've spent the summer under a locust tree. My one slide would collect everything off that tree and I was stressed about the spotting, dirt and mildew. Read on RV.net about using Tilex for mold and mildew. Wow. Outstanding. One bottle only did three slides and around the bathroom vent, but goodness does it look good now.

Before:
2013-09-25 12.27.03.jpg

After:
2013-09-25 13.02.27.jpg

Bobby A

Glad the Tilex worked for you, I have been using Dawn Dishwashing soap and bleach and that mixture as worked out well for me for the last 20 years of owning RV's. Come to find out that is what the manufacture of the rubber roof recommends to use.

evolvingpowercat

I used some Mold Armor made for cleaning Patio Furniture on my rubber roof and it removed the discoloration - - - BUT - - - after I did it I pulled the Material Data Sheet online and it had petroleum product in it so I may have created a future problem for myself. But I rinsed it off very well so hopefully I'll be OK. Anyway if you use anything other than dish soap I suggest you pull the Material Data Sheet off the internet and make sure it does not have any petroleum products in it - this is not recommended by the roof membrane manufacturers.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, that looks great! My slides need it badly but nothing seems to get those black spots. I'll try Tilex and see if the results are near as good as yours. Thanks!