Winter Storage...

It's that time off year where some of us in the great white north look towards (not happily) doing the winter storage routine. This is my 1st trailer with a TV in it.

Do you take the TV out during the winter months? Parts of me say yes, and others say no. The rest of the entertainment system stays in during the winter, so why shouldn't the TV?

Thanks,
Kevin.

sjs731

I decided to leave the TVs in last year and they were fine. Saves time and saves space from having to store them in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only reason I pull the TV's and anything else of value is thieves. I was broken into a couple years ago. Now I empty the rig and put a sign on it saying the goods have been removed.

But then, I live between crime capitals #1 and #2, with #3 not far away.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I leave mine in and have never had a problem .

Lucky you if you live in a crime free area. When I got hit, so did 15 other rigs in the storage yard.

But in the manuals for the TV's, I believe says that if they're left in the cold that they should be allowed to warm up to about 40° F before applying power to them.

Rrloren

Lucky you if you live in a crime free area. When I got hit, so did 15 other rigs in the storage yard.

But in the manuals for the TV's, I believe says that if they're left in the cold that they should be allowed to warm up to about 40° F before applying power to them.

I can confirm that, a couple yrs. ago we left for Fl. on a very cold day and when we stopped it was still quite cold and we could not turn on the Tv. Didn't know what was wrong , but when the coach got a bit warmer it started right up.

Greengas

We keep ours on a full hook up site at the Air Force Academy. So far, no problem. As for crime, I hope that keeping the coach on a military installation would mean that crime would not be an issue (it has not for the last two years anyway). But, I guess one of those young cadets could get a bit squirlley and who knows :)

So while I was at work DW decided to remove the TV, so I guess it's out for the winter. LOL!

Before I was going to run antifreeze through it, I usually blow out the lines with my air compressor via the city water connection. I couldn't get any air to come out of any of the faucets etc. I usually do this in addition to running antifreeze through it. Any ideas as to why I couldn't put air into the system? It didn't sound like the air was going in, but it must have been going somewhere, because the compressor came on to make more air. Not that i'm going to run the air through it now, but just thinking ahead to next year.

Also, I did run water through the black tank flush valve, but obviously wasn't able to run any antifreeze through this connection. Do the sprayer heads in the black tank face down, allowing the water to drain out? I'm worried about excess water in the spraying mechanism. Tank's and water heater are drained of water.

Thanks,

Kevin.

danemayer

I couldn't get any air to come out of any of the faucets etc. I usually do this in addition to running antifreeze through it. Any ideas as to why I couldn't put air into the system?
Hi dadtoAndrew,

Did you bypass teh water heater? If not, you may have been filling it with air.

At that time no, i didn't have the water heater bypassed. Never had that problem before, but i guess we'll call it a new "feature" of the new one.

Will have to try bypassing it next year and see what happens. That being said though, shouldn't it still fill up and allow air to go through the lines either hot or cold?

Kevin.