Torque 321 Winterize ?

reveritt

We have a new 2013 Torque 321 and will be winterizing soon. I could not find anything in owners manual regarding the setting on the city water input for winterization. I assume you set to winterize and turn on 12v pump to draw in antifreeze thru outside city water input, but wanted to be sure before I proceeded.

HornedToad

You'll also need to remove the basement access panel to reach the water heater bypass valves. For normal operation the input and output valves are open and the bypass valve in between is closed. To winterize close the input/output valves and open the bypass to keep from filling the water heater up with antifreeze. Then just pull the plug behind the outside access panel to drain the water heater.

Last edited:

TravisJen

We just winterized our 321 and it seemed to take a lot less anti-freeze than I expected. How much does it normally take?
We used a gallon and a half to get all the taps to run red then we dumped the other half gallon down the drains to clear water from the p-traps. Does that seem right?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just winterized our 321 and it seemed to take a lot less anti-freeze than I expected. How much does it normally take?
We used a gallon and a half to get all the taps to run red then we dumped the other half gallon down the drains to clear water from the p-traps. Does that seem right?

That seems probably pretty close. Did you do the outside shower, toilet, and the washer hookups if you have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Westwind

Don't forget to blow a little air through your Black Tank Valve to clear any water out of the hose to the tank and the valve.