Cable/Sat/Ant wiring for bedroon TV?

rmhand

Hi,

I need info on how to get the satellite signal to my bedroom TV. I have a Big Country 3075RL and use a Direct TV tripod/dish with a DVR receiver. I can get Satellite reception on the living room TV but have not figured out how to get the signal to the bedroom TV.

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks, :confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm not familiar with the layout of your rig but I ran a separate coax from the LR TV to the bedroom TV. I was able to go down inside the wall between the closet and TV cubby hole and into the basement storage then ran it back under the shower floor into the kitchen cabinets and up to the TV. Other option is a 2nd receiver.

RubiconAg

I actually just did this on our BC 2950. The mod is a little labor intense and requires some sat knowledge. Splitting a satellite signal to multiple receivers requires several steps.

First you have to make sure you have at least a dual LNB satellite. A dual LNB sat will have two cables coming out of it or if you unscrew the "eye piece" from the arm on the sat, there will be two cable connections. If you have the dual, you need to also have a sat signal splitter; a normal cable splitter will not work. There are several options and I have found that Zinwell makes the best. I used a quadruple LNB input splitter; although I only used the first two inputs (my sat is a dual LNB). This splitter has I believe outputs for 8 receivers (DVR’S/TiVo’s use two if you want to record on a separate channel and watch TV at the same time.) I hid my splitter behind the wall in the storage area, next to the water pump. This particular splitter requires a power source which I got from the battery charger outlet via a surge protector. I also used the existing satellite jacks in the water station by disconnecting the roof cable and connecting both jacks to the splitter. This allows for a clean connection from the sat to the cable/sat/water connection area.

Next I had to run my cables. Since there already is a sat connection in the living room, I just unscrewed that cable from the satellite jack in the water area and screwed it onto the output end of the splitter. I ran another cable from the splitter to the bedroom. I ran this under our dresser and fish taped it up the wall. This is the cable/antenna jack booster, to avoid having another jack plate for just the sat, I went ahead and drilled a hole into the cable/ant booster plate and inserted a 2nd jack for the sat.

Since we tailgate for college football and use a flat screen in the storage area (watching the game under the canopy outside is great) I went ahead and put a sat jack down there as well. Similar to the bedroom setup, I ran a cable from another output on the splitter to the cable/ant plate by drilling another hole in the plate and inserting a cable jack.

This setup has worked great and allowed us to have a box in each area. This is the same way they run satellite box’s to multiple rooms in a house. Our trailer is back down at the dealer (for a third time, ughhh) for warranty items but as soon as we get it back I will post up pictures of this setup, if you would like. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Nick

pickuphunt

Cable/sat/ant in Bedroom TV

I think this should work. Where the sat comes in behind (near) the living room TV, attach a short coax cable to it and a splitter. Come out of the splitter to the receiver box in the living room, which will feed you living room TV. Out of the other side of the splitter, feed into the Cable junction behind (or near) the living room TV. This should feed the Sat signal back to the receiver box in the bedroom. This should allow you to view two different channels at the same time. Provided you have two receivers. I think it will work, because at our house we have a splitter at the dish, one line feeds our receiver in the house and the other I run a long coax to the 5er and feed the receiver there. So, whether you split at the dish, or split once the signal get inside the RV, it shouldn't matter. It is worth a try before you start digging into walls. If my theory is wrong, someone please let me know. We are using Dish Network at home and on the road.