New / Used 2013 Prowler 20P RBS

Hi yall. We purchased a 2012 Flagstaff 625 D - pop up ( used ) this past April and have totally enjoyed it all summer and after pulling it back to Texas over Labor Day week decided to get serious and take the next step into a TT. We have had excellent service out of the Flagstaff. After research on what to go with next , we had it narrowed down to about 3 choices. Yesterday we went to look and "crawl around " on some units at the RV place where we got the Flagstaff. The same salesman found us and he said guys " we got one over here that was traded yesterday , take a look, its a 2013 Prowler 20p RBS and the people had it for only a few mos. and were trading up to a motorhome". It was exactly what we were looking for. It's just the two of us and we don't need bunk houses etc. Plus I can keep it here at our home and size / length is a determining factor in that area. So..... we will close the deal next week when my work schedule allows. We will be pulling back to Texas at Xmas time for a week stay and this unit will suit our needs perfectly for that run. Any hidden tips / tricks etc. about this unit would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to know my unit / vehicle inside and out. Camping / boating is supposed to be fun not a struggle. My grandparents ran a 30' offshore fishing boat on the Tx coast until retirement in '71. They sold the boat and hit the road. Their first TT was a Prowler. A deer destroyed that one for them.:( Thanks!!!

jimtoo

Hi cutbait1961,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will make lots of great memories with your Prowler. Check it out real good when you go to pick it up and make sure everything works to your satisfaction.

Please think of joining us in the Heartland Owners Club and attending some rallies and meeting lots of other Heartland owners.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

Congrats on finding the trailer you like. Be sure to check everything over before you take delivery. Make sure everything works properly. None of the factory warranties transfer over to the second owner so unless the dealer gives you some warranty you are on your own..Don

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi cutbait1961
Welcome to the Heartland family. We also have that same TT and love it. Just the wife and I and our pug Ginger. We bought ours last June and it's a 2013 also. Have put on about 4k miles on it.
hope you enjoy yours like we have but we plan to upgrade to a 5er very soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 31

priorguy

Hi cutbait1961
Welcome to the Heartland family. We also have that same TT and love it. Just the wife and I and our pug Ginger. We bought ours last June and it's a 2013 also. Have put on about 4k miles on it.
hope you enjoy yours like we have but we plan to upgrade to a 5er very soon.

That's it exactly, make sure you buy enough trailer so you aren't shopping again like most of us. Bigjim45 has a 2013 20RBS and wants a 5er. You're going from a popup to a TT in the same year. I myself have gone through 4 trailers in 5 years (8'popup,12'pop,24'TT and now 28'TT). My only advise is make sure it's really enough for your needs and wants.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for everyone's welcome advice etc. We are scheduled to pick up our Prowler Monday Oct 7th. We have a shake down cruise scheduled for the following weekend Oct 11th -13th at Standing Stone SP TN.....and...made a 5 nights reservation during TG week at Fall Creek Falls SP. I am sure we will get a few trips in before we head for Brazos Bend SP TX the day after Xmas. I will definitely have to post some alligator pics from that trip , the park is full of 'em!!!!...and I will post a pic of the new rig on the shake down cruise !

Update....brought the new rig home yesterday...transferred gear and got everything squared away. All we lack is grub n clothes for this weekend.....Question???? I see there is a "T" in the LP gas pipe underneath with a short capped off nipple. This is obviously a way to add a grill / valve /quick connect fitting. Any recommendations on gas grills???? I really did like that feature of my Flagstaff.....Thanks!!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Any grill wii do, just remember you don't need a regulator when you hook up for your grill. Have fun on your trip. We love our Prowler 20RBS.

P.S. Plenty of storage under the bed and under the dinette. We use plastic storage containers and label the top as what's in them.