Newest 2014's Roller Shades VS Blinds??

We saw one of the latest 2014's that just came in and were told that all new units will be delivered with the new pearl paint, roller blinds plus Broyhill furniture. For those that have not seen this it is actually 2 roller shades. One is more of a dark sun screen you can see out of and the 2nd is a black out roller blind. Our experience in ordering a unit it is like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you get until you open it. The rep told us this is more upscale and is in many high end units. Any first impressions?? We will order or buy once our current 5ver sells. Happy Travels Curtis & Donna

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
You are correct in that most high end coaches are coming with the MCD shades which are neat but they can not be anchored at the bottom when pulled down. We like to travel with our shades down for security reasons plus to keep the sun out therefore we stuck with the day/night shades.

traveler44

The strings in the day-night shades in the 09 bighorn just started breaking from general use. We went to Lowes and bought the honey comb blinds with the button at the bottom that takes them up. They are so much easier to raise and lower than the day-night shades ever were and a lot cheaper to replace. I think the brand name is something like Leveloure. They are just one piece so you either have them up to see out or down for privacy. The one that replaced the shade for the big window in the back was just over $100 and I had another day-night shade break since then so I will probably replace all of them in the living room at least. Tom

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've posted it in the past, but Levelor vertical blinds work great in the big rear window and the two smaller ones next to it.

Theresau

We replaced the "wood" blinds in the 2014 Big Country with the day night shades. We did see the roller blinds in the LM's but stuck with the day/night shades as we were concerned about their flapping when traveling.

However, we are going to replace the bedroom shade with a regular cellular top/down bottom/up room darkening so that it can be opened from the top since the window is so large.

Bob Vaughn

I was going to replace the day shades next to our bed in our Big Country but when I went looking for the screws to take the valance's down I could not find any that I could get to with a screw driver. There must be a secret to removing them but I cannot figure it out.....Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The screws are hidden in the folds of the fabric.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I have the MCDs - love them. Like nabo mentioned, there are no hold downs to keep them from chattering when down while traveling. We roll ours up before travel. Downside is of course, people might be able to see in and the interior can get warmer from the sun.

I'd never want to go back to the day/night shades now that I've experienced these. Our former FL chapter leader retrofitted them to his former Bighorn a year ago. Bernie (happykraut) just retrofitted them to his new Bighorn this past week.

happykraut

Yes, I just finished installing the MCD blinds in my 2014 BH yesterday. It was a fairly easy job, but it does require 2 people. On one window I'll have to modify the cornice because it is too shallow to accommodate the new blind. The MCD blinds require about a two inch clearance. The blinds are adjustable, but with the blinds being totally encased in the cornices adjustments would not be possible. I really haven't looked at them that close to see how they are adjusted.