• www.campark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 40
  • Site fee: $45 (tax included) per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/21/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

• Event Leader: rfournelle(click to contact)

Additional Info:
When booking your reservation for the Ontario Chapter Rally, PLEASE call the campsite directly. We have been asked NOT to use the on-line reservation feature. This feature is currently not active plus you will not receive the discounted rate of $45/night.

Registration for the Ontario Chapter Rally in Niagara Falls, ON, June 20 – 22, 2014 opens Monday, January 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. Forty (40) sites have been reserved for this event. We expect them to go quickly so if you are thinking of attending, we recommend you book early.

The following is required:

• A credit card deposit of $45.00 (tax included) is required to guarantee a reservation.
  • To ensure you receive the above rate, let them know you are a member of the HOC and provide them with your membership number.
  • Provide your arrival/departure dates

Cancellation Fee: If you are unable to honour your reservation, a $15.00 administration fee will apply.

Sightseeing or visiting the Falls? Do we have a deal for you on bus transportation tickets. Please use the following link for more details and to order your tickets. //heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=48

We have made arrangements with Campark RV Resort to purchase the bus transportation (WEGO) tickets on our behalf. We will provide them with a list of individuals, along with the number of tickets you have requested. When you check-in at the campground, the amount will be charged to your reservation. You will also receive your tickets at that time. The passes do not activate until you board the bus and swipe them.

During your stay, should you need extra tickets, they will be available for purchase from the campground office.
Further details will be provided in this thread as they become available.

List of rally attendees:
  1. Bob & Christine Fournelle (ON) - site 300
  2. Jim & Nancy Beletti (TN) - site 302
  3. Wayne & Gayle Wilson (ON) - site 301
  4. John & Debbie Bylinski (NJ) - site 305
  5. Murray & Chris Caughy (ON) - site 315
  6. Mike & Donna Tinklin (ON) - site 335
  7. Gene & Carol Brosseau (ON) - site 327 *
  8. Tim & Jean Mai (ON) - site 259
  9. Alan & Kim Sherwin (ON) - site 308
  10. Ian & Linda Hubling (ON) - site 307
  11. Charlie & Jane Thibideau (ON) - site 311
  12. Bill & Margaret Meheniott (ON) - site 326 *
  13. Jim & Colleen Marigliano (NY) - site 306
  14. Jeff & Pam Damude (ON) - site 313
  15. Karen Young & Bill Parent (QC) - site 329
  16. Dave & Mary Hromek (WI) - site 303
  17. Jon & Patti Holbert (PA) - site 304
  18. Doug & Jean Lynch (ON) - site 331
  19. Pat & Leona Skanes (ON) - site 332
  20. Don & Shirley Benedict (ON) - site 258
  21. Fred & Joanne Wilcke (ON) - site 310
  22. Jon & Eileen Vidler (ON) - site 309
  23. Brian & Jocelyne Lalonde (ON) - site 317
  24. Neil & Solange Wolfe (ON) - site 316
  25. Glenn & Fran Schaaf (NJ) - site 333
  26. Harold & Mollie Wall (ON) - site 328 *
  27. Don & Debbie Moody (ON) - site 320 *
  28. Bernie & Judi Ver Hay (MO) - site 323 *
  29. Dale & Alice Smith (ON) - site 336
  30. John & Dianne Yeo (ON) - site 334
  31. Jeff & Nora Hanna (FL) - site 325 *
  32. Robert & Louise Letourneau (QC) - site 324 *
  33. John & Debbie Laliberte (ON) - site 312
  34. Paul & Elaine Schmidt (IL) - site 257
  35. Frank & Dawn Schulze (ON) - site 330
  36. John & Heather Kemp (ON) - site 322
  37. William & Angela Stanley (ON) - site 314
  38. Lewis & Jo Anne Smith (MO)
  39. Tom & Anna Goode

*Please note that sites # 320 to 328 are pull-thrus. Entry will be made from the sites behind them.

Please refer to the site map on the website (LINK: http://www.campark.com/resort/map.html ). Please note that the map is not to scale. We have been told that all sites assigned are approximately the same size.

PRELIMINARY AGENDA

Pre - Rally

Wednesday, June 18[SUP]th[/SUP]

• Sightseeing on your own (All Day ) - see list of attractions attached
  • Early Arrivals Dinner @ “Oh Canada Eh! Dinner Show” - 8585 Lundy's Ln, Niagara Falls, ON
(Dinner/Show starts at 6:15 p.m., concludes at 9:00 p.m.)

The price of the seats for the group is $58.71, with 13% tax and $3 gratuity included. The regular price is $76.39, with 13% tax and $3 gratuity included. This works out to almost a 25% discount. In order to get that discount, one of the requirements is that the full amount, $400 (40 x $10) deposit now and balance of $1948.40 on June 04th, comes from one source. I have already made the $400 deposit and will provide the final payment on June 04th.

Payment Information

As mentioned previously, in order to obtain the great price for these tickets, the payment must come from one source. A deposit of $10/ticket was required at time of reservation with the full balance due by June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. I have already provided the deposit and will make the full payment of all tickets on June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. However, since cancellations must be made 30 days prior to the show, I will require that payment from you be received by May 17[SUP]th[/SUP]. The price per ticket is $58.71. I will cancel the tickets for any member where payment is not received by the May 17[SUP]th[/SUP] deadline.

This dinner show will be tremendous and we are very pleased with the response for this event! We had 40 tickets reserved for our group. To date, 46 tickets have been requested and I anticipate that more tickets will be required. We have now secured 50 tickets. They are now sold out for that night and no additional tickets will be made available to us.

The payment for the tickets should be made as follows:

• Canadian residents:

• US residents:

• Mail a cheque or money order payable to Robert Fournelle.

6823 Farmstead Ridge
North Gower, ON K0A 2T0

(It can take up to 10-12 business days to receive 1[SUP]st[/SUP] class mail from the US)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

p.s. Do not contact the Theatre directly to buy any tickets. I will provide these at the rally.

List of dinner attendees

1. Bob & Christine Fournelle
  2. Wayne & Gayle Wilson
  3. Jim & Nancy Biletti
  4. Debbie & John Bylinski
  5. Mike & Donna Tinklin
  6. Pat & Leona Skanes
  7. Jeff & Pam Damude
  8. Dave & Mary Hromek
  9. Jon & Patti Holbert
  10. Neil & Solange Wolfe
  11. Glenn & Fran Schaaf
  12. Bernie & Judi Ver Hay
  13. Karen Young & Bill Parent
  14. Don & Shirley Benedict
  15. Randy & Linda Kisch
  16. Brian & Jocelyne Lalonde
  17. Chris Caughy & Kim Sherwin
  18. Bill & Margaret Menheniott
  19. Harold & Mollie Wall
  20. Paul & Elaine Scmidt
  21. Dale & Alice Smith
  22. Jon & Eileen Vidler
This two hour show features all-Canadian music; from maritime folk songs to modern pop. While enjoying the show, the performers serve their famous all-Canadian, family-style meal:

• [*=4]French Canadian Pea Soup
    [*=4]Garden Salad
    [*=4]Fresh Bread
    [*=4]Alberta Grade Eh? Roast Beef
    [*=4]Lightly Battered and Fried Atlantic Haddock
    [*=4]Manitoba Roast Chicken
    [*=4]New Brunswick Vegetable Medley
    [*=4]PEI Potatoes
    [*=4]Maple Chocolate Cake for dessert

Thursday, June 19th

• Sightseeing on your own (All Day )
  • “Camp-etizer” Night - Join us at 7:00 p.m. for some “camp-etizers”! Bring an appetizer, snack, or dessert to share and relax in the company of good friends.

Rally

Friday, June 20[SUP]th[/SUP]

• Registration (All Day )
  • “Meet & Greet” Welcome Dinner @ 6:00 p.m. at the Campark Barn with Boston Pizza provided by the Ontario Chapter

Saturday, June 21[SUP]st[/SUP]

• 8:30 a.m. – Coffee & pastries
  • 8:30 – 11:15 a.m. “Trailer Talk” followed by “RV Open House”
  • 11:30 – 11:45 Rally Group Photo at the Heartland banner
  • 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm @ Jackson Triggs Winery Tour (Est. Cost: $10/person – includes 3 tastings)
  • Potluck Dinner @ 6:00 p.m. at the Campark Barn with 50/50 draw and door prizes!

Potluck Selection

1. Bob & Christine Fournelle - Meatballs in garlic sauce & meat lasagna
  2. Mike & Donna Tinklin - Dessert & main dish ?
  3. Charlie & Jane Thibideau - Dessert
  4. Bernie & Judi Ver Hey - Rocky Road brownies
  5. Glenn & Fran Schaaf - Deviled eggs
  6. Jima & Nancy Beletti - Dessert (cookies or cake)
  7. Doug & Jean Lynch - Chocolate cheese cake
  8. Frank & Dawn Schulze - Cold spinach & fruit salad
  9. Debbie & John Bylinski - Sausage, peppers & onions
  10. Jeff & Pam Damude - Roast beef & rolls (beef on a bun)
  11. Jim & Colleen Marigliano - Dessert
  12. John & Debbie Laliberte - Sweet potato apple casserole
  13. Fred & Joanne Wilcke - Taco salad
  14. Don & Shirley Benedict - Pistachio dream pie dessert
  15. Brian & Jocelyne Lalonde - Vegetable casserole
  16. John & Heather Kemp - Seven layer salad
  17. Karen Young & William Parent - Chili
  18. Dale & Alice Smith - Salad
  19. Wayne & Gayle Wilson - Caesar salad & pasta salad
  20. John & Dianne Yeo - Carrot Salad
  21. Carol & Gene Brosseau - Vegetable tray & fruit tray
  22. Al & Kim Sherwin - Homemade baked beans
  23. Neil & Solange Wolfe - Potato salad
  24. Robert & Louise Létourneau - Variety of Quebec cheeses
  25. Pat & Leona Skanes - Vegetarian main dish
  26. Harold & Mollie Wall - Beef & cabbage casserole
  27. Dave & Mary Hromek - Brats simmered with onions in beer
  28. Ian & Linda Hubling - Baked honey garlic sausage pieces
  29. Murray & Chris Caughy - Cold salad

The Ontario Chapter is pleased to announce that we have arranged a tour of the prestigious Canadian winery “Jackson Triggs” on Saturday, June 21[SUP]st[/SUP] at 1:00 p.m. The cost of the tour is $9/person (+ tax). www.jacksontriggswinery.com

Wine Tour participants –

We had initially expected that participants would pay for their tour individually at the winery. The booking contract for our “private tour” requests that payment be made in total by one individual, and I will do so. For those attending the tour, we will collect $10/person (which includes $1.17 tax) upon your arrival at Campark RV Resort.

Each guest will receive a $5 voucher, redeemable towards the purchase of icewine following the tour. These vouchers are only valid the date of the tour and are limited to one voucher per transaction.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Experience one of Niagara's most architecturally stunning wineries, Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate. Discover the story of our wines and the inspiration behind our architectural concepts and design. Learn our methods for crafting exceptional wine through this in-depth tour as you explore every aspect of our winery. Guests will tour our vineyards, state-of-the-art production facility, and traditional underground Barrel Cellar. Following the tour, guests will be treated to a structured tasting of three Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate VQA wines featuring our premium tiers offered at the estate.”

Length of Experience 45-60 minutes.

We will need to provide Jackson Triggs the number of participants for the tour. If you are interested in attending, please advise us by email or post your interest in the rally thread.

List of Wine Tour Attendees:

1. Benedict (2)
  2. Brosseau (2)
  3. Hubling (3)
  4. Lalonde (2)
  5. Lynch (2)
  6. Skanes (2)
  7. Tinklin (2)
  8. Vidler (2)
  9. Young (2)
  10. Beletti (2)
  11. Fournelle (2)
  12. Ver Hey (2)
  13. Hromek (2)
  14. Schmidt (2)
  15. Wilson (2)
  16. Yeo (2)
  17. Letourneau (2)
Sunday, June 22[SUP]nd[/SUP]

• Breakfast at the Campark Barn provided by the Ontario Chapter(8:00am)
    • Menu - 2 eggs (scrambled), 3 pieces of meat (sausage or bacon or combination), 2 toasts, scoop of home fries, 1 juice and unlimited coffee. If any leftovers, seconds are permitted (first come - first serve)
  • Farewells to those heading home!

Sunday events for those leaving Monday…..

So far, there has been interest expressed by the following members:
  1. Ian Hubling
  2. Brian Lalonde
  3. Tim Mai
  4. Alan Sherwin
  5. Mike Tinklin
  6. Jon Vidler
  7. Bob Fournelle
  8. John Laliberte

• BBQ @ 6:00 p.m. sponsored by Chapter Leaders Bob & Christine

Attachments

• NIAGARA ATTRACTIONS.pdf
    256.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I wish this was closer in time to the Northeast rally instead of the National rally......
I know what you mean Duane but we are still giving serious consideration to attending this rally. I believe it would be great to meet and hang out with our friends from the North. 470 miles is very doable!

porthole

Retired
I know what you mean Duane but we are still giving serious consideration to attending this rally. I believe it would be great to meet and hang out with our friends from the North. 470 miles is very doable!

I know, we have camped there with the TT. That was where we first tried Ice Wine.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Come on guys, we'd love to have you join us. The first and, maybe the second, beers are on me.

Bob

rfournelle

Jim Beletti has just posted his 2014 travel plan through August (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42276-Jim-B-s-2014-Travel-Plan).

He has made it official! He and Nancy will be attending the Ontario Chapter Rally (June 20-22) in Niagara Falls. Ontario. Please make sure to attend this rally and meet the Heartland Club president.

jbeletti

Jim Beletti has just posted his 2014 travel plan through August (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42276-Jim-B-s-2014-Travel-Plan).

He has made it official! He and Nancy will be attending the Ontario Chapter Rally (June 20-22) in Niagara Falls. Ontario. Please make sure to attend this rally and meet the Heartland Club president.

Guess I'm busted now and have to come to the rally :) We are looking forward to it! Guess I need to make a reservation now :)

WILLCHER

We are new Ontario Chapter members. Putting this event on our calendar as a tentative and will look at firming up a bit later.

Murman

MURMAN
Looking forward to this event after National Rally in Virginia will be lots of fun to catch up with everyone

ILH

Linda and I attended our first ever rally this year (2013) in New York state. Although we're Ontario members, the dates and location just worked out. It was a great introduction to rallies - thanks guys!

We look forward to joining the Ontario group in Niagara Falls in 2014.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Ian,

It was so much fun meeting you in NY and I am looking forward to seeing you and Linda again. We are really trying to get this locked down and make it to Canada for our first time RVing across the border!

ILH

Just a quick question. Do we need a passport to enter Canada?

Technically Canadians do not need a passport to enter or exit the US by vehicle - although it is by far the id of choice. A valid drivers licence is all that is required. Personally I wouldn't cross the border without a passport. Having said that, I don't know what the requirements are for Americans crossing the border.

Remember, you have to satisfy both borders (coming and going).

rfournelle

John, I've included two links for border crossings between Canada/US for US citizens.

The first one is from the Canada Border Services Agency (Link: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html). It has a section on non-Canadians outlining the entry requirements for Canada.

The second document is from the US Customs and Border Protection (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)) (Link: http://www.getyouhome.gov/HTML/lang_eng/index.html) outlining the documents for returning US citizens.

I hope this helps.

p.s. It would be nice to have you and Debbie, along with other members from US Club Chapters, join us in Niagara Falls.

f250dieseldad

Thanks Bob. We are trying to put everything together to attend your rally. We have been trying to get some of our members to attend also. I think to be on the safe side we will get passports.

Wrenched

You need a passport, or other document that has similar background checks. One of those enhanced driver's licenses, a Nexus card for example. It's been many years that you could cross with only a driver's license. I've had a passport for 5 years now ever since the US required it for crossing at the borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.