moving furniture in a 3055RL

rustyone

Greetings,

We are considering moving the two recliners to the slide-out and the sofa to the back of the unit. I understand that it won't close in this position, but we will be in one spot for several months this winter. My question is should I be concerned about the weight of the recliners ( these have to be the heaviest chairs in existence) in the slide out. Please keep in mind that if we move them they will be in this position for several months. Would supporting the slide in the out position be advisable?

Thanks for your help,

Rusty

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I agree, those chairs are the heaviest ones. I do not see any great problems switching the sofa and chairs around. We have measured and you can not close the slide with the sofa in the back.
Rand

Pulltab

We did that in our Fleetwood and I began to notice that the floor of the slide out was beginning to bow from the area specific weight. The couch is distributed over the entire floor and does not cause that. If you just want to do it for a while that you are parked you can just keep an eye on the floor from underneath the slide outside.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Weight should not be a problem if you make the switch, but I am not a RV engineer. We switched the couch and recliners in our BH 3600 and there has not been a weight problem. Good luck.

ChopperBill

We did that on our 3055. About 30 seconds later it all went back. Just seemed to close up the room. Might be better in a larger floor plan.

aquiring signal

The wife does this often with our 3670, but then the sofa blocks a heat register. Better in warmer weather.

Also, I think the two recliners in the slide area crowd the dining table a bit, fwiw

We rearrange ours 3055 almost every time we stay for a longer period of time, haven’t noticed any sagging or warping in the slide. The sales person said we could swap them and still close the slide but our unit wont close with couch in the rear. Good luck and enjoy!:)