In Tucker's memory

porthole

Retired
While at Goshen many of us had our "treasures' for sale or to give away.

One of the items was a ramp Niles had for his best bud Tucker.

No takers and when they were leaving we talked a bit. We have no use for a ramp (already have one form our Misty Girl) but I suggested Niles donate it.

Fast forward to our annual Golden Retriever Rescue Camp.

One of the many fund raisers is a silent auction.
We put items up for auction with our favorite rescue groups listed. The winning bidder gets to pay the Rescue group directly.

When I brought the the ramp down to the auction house boy was I surprised, 2 other identical ramps and one additional similar ramp. There had never been a ramp at the auctions before!

I put the ramp up with a zero opening bid, hoping to garner some early bids.

By Sunday still no bids. So I bid $25
Just like on evil bay, sometimes you have to have some bidding to generate a frenzy.
By Sunday afternoon still no bidders, so I upped my bid to $50

Now in the auction world, bidding on your own items in a effort to generate interest is called shilling. Typically it violates your terms of service agreement.

But - in the Golden Retriever Rescue fund raising world - all forms of cheating, bribery, chicanery etc are welcomed if it raises money for rescue.

To the end, my plot worked.

The final bid someone placed was $65, all of which went to GRINNJ, Golden Retriever Rescue IN New Jersey, in Tucker's memory.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/39931-Tucker-Our-Pal

Niles

We're glad it worked out well, we know old Tucker is wagging his tail, Thanks

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Saw the title and had to read it. So happy it worked out. Our Tucker lays between us as I type this and I can't help but think how he has enriched our lives

truknutt

Committed Member
Very Nice. Tucker was the gentlest of giants who will be fondly remembered. Rest well, good fellow.