Recent Improvements/Changes

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here are a few pics of some things we've done to our Bighorn. We spilled some candle wax on a chair and tried everything we knew to remove it. We ended up changing the fabric on all 4 chairs. Much better and nicer fabric too. We turned our dining table and now have more room between the counter top extension and more between the couch and table/chair. I also put a sliding panel on teh skylight over the shower for darker mornings and sleeping in. Finally, I cut a hole in the TV cabinet behind the message board for access to the back of the TV. We now have a hiding spot for ?????:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 106_1126-IMGP0146_IMGP0146.JPG
    106_1126-IMGP0146_IMGP0146.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 665
  • 109_1204-IMGP0191_IMGP0191.JPG
    109_1204-IMGP0191_IMGP0191.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 875
  • 110_1209-IMGP0193_IMGP0193.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0193_IMGP0193.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 791
  • 110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 801
  • 109_1204-IMGP0189_IMGP0189.JPG
    109_1204-IMGP0189_IMGP0189.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 858

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Ray
When you travel did you rescrew the table or not?
Thanks
Wayne

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray and WF, we also unscrewed our table. We bought some strapping, hooks and strap clips like used for the chairs and made up straps and hook them where the chairs strap down. Works great, holds the table very firm and I dont have find the screw hole. The only thing is, you have to sew the straps at the hooks and sliders,Dw is a good at that. I engineer and she sews. Bob :D :D

seabee

We are fulltimers in our 08 3670RL and the wife likes to put the couch in the rear and our chairs over where the couch was makes better for TV and when people come over it feels good she also turned the table and put two chairs one at the table next to the fireplace and one on the other side of the fireplace.
Oh yes we put it back when we travel a and don't tie the table down or screw in down it rides just fine.
Most all items over the axles will ride fine.
BudnJan

Ray LeTourneau

We've turned our table back to it's original position and allowed for a bit more clearance for the big window shade. It was less convenient for seating with the table sideways. To each their own I guess.
In addition, we just bought a dehumidifier. It's always humid down here and had to try something other than the a/c. It worked like a charm. We picked up a 25 pint Frigidaire unit from Lowes for $139. A bit noisy but only draws 3.3 amps.

seabee

Pluming for the Wter Filter

NoneI have put a water filter in the compartment,using the water pressure reducer as part of my set up.
Then PVC 3/4 in and I/m planing to add a short hose to hook my fresh water hose to and plus adding a short hose to the wash out line.
I loaded pic's of the water filter and I hope it helps others.
Bud:D

Attachments

• pictures 019.jpg
    pictures 019.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 381
  • pictures 020.jpg
    pictures 020.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 344
  • pictures 021.jpg
    pictures 021.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 325

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
SeeBee

I read your post on swapping the couch and chairs around. We have been thinking of doing it since we sit most of the summer at the State park we volenteer. One question will the slides slide in with the couch in the rear? I read you put things back when you move, and my rough measuring says I have to move things back. But as long as we don't get flooded out like the last two years, and have to move to another site, it won't be a problem.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We swapped our couch and chairs position. We can close the slides with moving them back. I think the new models you cannot close the slides. We also removed the screws from the table legs and travel without incident.

Ray LeTourneau

Wayne, we have recently made a few short runs without the table screwed down and have had no movement. In our floor plan it's pretty well surrounded too so it wouldn't ba able to go too far.

D

dlpmx

Just for future reference If you place paper towels on the wax(also works on crayon)and use a cloths iron to heat up the wax.It will soak into the paper towel.Just keep switching towels until the wax is gone.

Dale

patrick1945

Travel with the table unscrewed and upside down.

A newbie question but we too will be unscrewing the table for more comfortable use and are wondering how to travel. I see the tie downs but only noticed 2. We will need to add more or turn the table upside down.

Does that make any sense?

jnbhobe

Patrick; My wife has unsrewed the table on our last three campers. She moves the furniture all over the place. We never fasten anything back down and nothing ever moves. opps take that back she puts a strap over the recliners so they don't rock. JON ;););)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patrick, I don't think I would put the table upside down. It would most likely slide around. Make some straps like we did if it would make you feel better. See previous post on this thread. Bob

Niles

We did the same to our table...It travels just fine. It's not screwed down to the floor. I like the view better out the window. Deb (Niles better half)None