How to operate roof vent fan from the floor Big Country

phelpo

Ok, I'm stupid how the heck does one turn on the fan from the floor? The switch for the
living room fan is at least 8 feet high, I have to get a small ladder to start it.

Must be an easier way

Help

Phelpo
2014 Big country 3596re

jbeletti

Ok, I'm stupid how the heck does one turn on the fan from the floor? The switch for the
living room fan is at least 8 feet high, I have to get a small ladder to start it.

Must be an easier way

Help

Phelpo
2014 Big country 3596re

There should be a thermostat on the wall, above or near your air conditioner thermostat. The smaller, square thermostat controls the vent fan. There are controls on the vent fan itself for speed, rain sensor on/off.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As mentioned, the t'stat is the main control. We use one of those grabber extension things to control fan speed or the fan on/off switch if we just want the lid up. We have the one in THIS LINK but paid much less for it at a flea market.

kowAlski631

No, no. When you ask questions, you're never stupid. It's when you assume you know all the answers that stupid comes out to play. We've all asked questions on the forum that, when we got answers, we've slapped our forehead & yelled "DUH".

Relax, enjoy & always know people are here to help.

Martha

As mentioned, the t'stat is the main control. We use one of those grabber extension things to control fan speed or the fan on/off switch if we just want the lid up. We have the one in THIS LINK but paid much less for it at a flea market.

We bought a similar extension thing at Harbor freight to operater the switch and fan speed.

Rudy415

Ok I will join the fray with another stupid one: I just took delivery of a road warrior 415. I can't figure out the thermostat fan setting on the little while controller? Do I have a similar system, and does that setting control the fantastic roof vent fan for on and off? I was reading some posts on how to get air circulation in the main bedroom with the thermostat in auto. But nothing happened. I'm all screwed up. Rudy.