Commode Overflow

zeus7625

Here's one I have not found on the forum.

The wife wakes me up on the first night at the campsite saying "we have a sewage leak!!!". I jump out of bed into a puddle of water and when I walk into the bathroom immediately see that the commode is overflowing. I notice the water is clear and depress the flush to quickly empty the bowl. After a quick cleanup, it seems the flush valve never fully closed and a slight trickle continued to fill the bowl to overflowing while we slept. I cycled the flush lever several times, sprayed WD-40 on any moving parts of the valve mechanism I could reach and slept lightly the rest of the night with no incidents since.

Wondering if anyone has had this occur? Whether it repeated itself and how to prevent it.

Thanks in advance.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Not to us, but a neighbor several years ago. We came home to find water pouring out of their MH...she apparently used the commode before leaving earlier in the day and the valve stuck....not a pretty sight!!

Swanny59

I found on our last camping trip that the foot peddle is not retracting to the closed position. I was wondering what to use to lubricate it.

donr827

We have four small water alarms that operate off AA batteries. I placed one in the bathroom, UDC, under kitchen sink, and the other around the water heater. Had a toilet overflow once and it sounded off before much water hit the floor. Not very expensive.
Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What I have seen recommended is Lemon Pledge sprayed into the seal around the hole and then a brush to brush the seal. It will help it seal. Don't know if that helps the sticking valve though.