I just bought a 2013 Torque 301

bjoseph

I just recently bought a new Torque 301 and took it out on my shake-down camping trip. If anyone has any questions let me know. This is an awesome trailer for this price point

danemayer

Hi bjoseph,

Congratulations on your new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hope to hear about your upcoming adventures.

miboje

I just recently bought a new Torque 301 and took it out on my shake-down camping trip. If anyone has any questions let me know. This is an awesome trailer for this price point

Hi Bjoseph. We are considering the TQ 301. What are you towing it with?

HornedToad

Hi Bjoseph. We are considering the TQ 301. What are you towing it with?

The two deciding factors when I bought my TQ 321 last year, the price as mentioned above and it could be towed with a 3/4 ton truck.

My V10 F250 had no problem bring it home from the dealer, and it handled even better after I installed airbags.

But mama wants a new pair of shoes (2 baths & a 4 door fridge) so I just traded up to a dually to pull a triple axle.

PS The TQ380 floorplan is on the Heartland website.

miboje

The two deciding factors when I bought my TQ 321 last year, the price as mentioned above and it could be towed with a 3/4 ton truck.

My V10 F250 had no problem bring it home from the dealer, and it handled even better after I installed airbags.

But mama wants a new pair of shoes (2 baths & a 4 door fridge) so I just traded up to a dually to pull a triple axle.

PS The TQ380 floorplan is on the Heartland website.
I see. Thank you. But did you actually pull any steep grades with it? We have an F-350 PSD, SRW and the numbers are getting closer than I'd like. The problem will be when we have to carry water.

I did see the 380, but my bet is that it's going to exceed our GCWR (20,000). So is that what momma's getting next? :D

HornedToad

I see. Thank you. But did you actually pull any steep grades with it? We have an F-350 PSD, SRW and the numbers are getting closer than I'd like. The problem will be when we have to carry water.

I did see the 380, but my bet is that it's going to exceed our GCWR (20,000). So is that what momma's getting next? :D

I've never really pulled any "long steep grades" like Raton Pass in Colorado,
but most of the Texas Hill Country is like a roller coaster.
With the V10 I would drive the tachometer and gain/lose about 10 MPH on the hills,
with the diesel the tach/MPH will hold steady on the hills.
Of course the dually feels more stable,
but I never had any problems or doubts about towing the Torque with the SRW.

Mama likes the Cyclone 3800, but now I want to check out the TQ380.

miboje

I've never really pulled any "long steep grades" like Raton Pass in Colorado,
but most of the Texas Hill Country is like a roller coaster.
With the V10 I would drive the tachometer and gain/lose about 10 MPH on the hills,
with the diesel the tach/MPH will hold steady on the hills.
Of course the dually feels more stable,
but I never had any problems or doubts about towing the Torque with the SRW.

Mama likes the Cyclone 3800, but now I want to check out the TQ380.

Good. I am glad to hear that about pulling it with the SRW.

Well, the CY 3800 and the TQ 380 appear to be the same floor plan. Only the Torque will probably cost about $10,000 less...if that matters. ;)