Dimplex electric fireplace stops throwing heat

freddial

I have a 2011 Big Country 3450TS. it has the above referenced fireplace. we've used the fireplace a lot and it has always worked well. lately , it stops throwing heat after awhile. if I turn it completely off, after five minutes or so I can turn it on and it will throw heat again. I don't think it worked like this in the past. I believe it would continue to throw heat as long as I had it turned on. I suspect either the over-temp cutout on the heater, or the thermostat control is faulty. anyone else had this problem with this unit? I have the unit out and am going to test it tonight.

wdk450

I have had trouble with the heating set control being flaky. I sprayed some Cramolyn Deoxit spray next to the shaft into the control. This got it to work correctly again.

Rickhansen

There is an automatic reset high-limit on the heater. Restricted airflow will cause the air to be too hot and cycle on that limit switch. If you've run your unit a lot, they tend to accumulate dust in the reverse incline fan blades. You might be able to blow some of it out with compressed air, or disassembly and cleaning with a soft bristle brush might be in order. This can take a while, and can be a "delicate" operation.