Heartland Sundance 2800 Hot water heater

Jamess

I have a 2008 Sundance. The electrical hot water heater works. I can not figure out how to switch it to gas. Is there a manual that shows how to switch to gas from Electrical?:)

danemayer

Hi Jamess,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As it happens, we have several owner-written user guides that will help you out. There's one on Suburban Water Heaters that will show you exactly how it works. Take a look at some of the other guides while you're there. There are also some troubleshooting guides in case you run into problems. And we have an extensive collection of manufacturers manuals for appliances and subsystems.

User Guides
Troubleshooting Guides
Manufacturer Manuals

jimtoo

Hi Jamess,

On your control panel for the tanks you have 3 switches,,, Test,,, Pump,,, Heater.. The heater is for the water heater on propane. Make sure the propane is on and when the switch is turned on you will see a small red light come on also, but will go out when the heater ignites. If it does not light at first it will wait a minute and try it again. You might be able to hear the burner from inside the unit, but if you have never used it, I would go outside and you can feel the heat coming out of the burner vent.

Jim M

ncc1701e

What Jim said is correct for both of the two Sundance units we have had. The only difference was that on the older Sundance in the compartment for the water heater there was actually a manual reset that I had to use once to get the gas to light. You might want to look closely for a manual reset. Our new unit has a different hot water heater, I've seen no reset. Of course, I've had no problems to look for it either.