Living Our Dream - Question about rack in Convection/Microwave

Jim,
We enjoyed meeting you in Elkhart at Recreational Specialties and going to the Heartland Mfg. In conversation you mentioned to have success with the convection oven, we would need to get a taller wire rack. Have looked many places online and cannot find anything for Dometic mo.#DOTRC17B. Jst heard back from Dometic Corp. they do not have anyhing like that in their parts list for the oven. Is this a rare thing? All I am concerened about at this point is getting one that works. Thanks for any information. Still fulltiming and spending the holidays with family in north Texas.

Living Our Dream
Walter & Margie
2007 Landmark (Rushmore)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500
Fulltimers

jbeletti

Hi Walter and Margie,

I enjoyed meeting you as well. That was a great lunch too (Ryan's I think...).

I don't recall mentioning a taller rack for the oven. Maybe you told me you have no rack at all?? In our Dometic Convection/Microwave, it came with a metal (chromed wire) rack that can be placed on hooks in about the center of the oven "and" can be placed on the floor of the oven. When I baked an egg casserole in June and baked beans in April (each made in a 1/2 steam table sized foil pan), I placed the rack on the floor of the oven. It was the only way to fit the pan and it kept me from setting the pan directly on the oven floor. It also allows warm air (convection currents) to circulate under the pan.

If you have this wire rack, you have what you need. If you don't have it, perhaps it was missing from your oven or perhaps you have a different oven. Consider contacting Heartland Customer Service to discuss.

Travel safe and hope to see you in Branson in June!

Jim