ATF: ElkRidge - Brake Turn Signal Brakelights

xnman

I have a problem in that my brakes, brake lights and turn signals do not work on my Heartland Eagle Ridge (2010). I plugged in my trailer cable upside down, and did blow about 3 fuses in the truck fuse panel. I replaced them, but not the above items do not work.
I traced the plug on the truck and do get voltage. Then checked the voltage in the junction box behind the kingpin and have voltage there. I then checked the voltage at the trailer rear lights and no voltage for brake or turn signals.

Any suggestions?
Is the next step to drop the underbelly and start tracing wires?
Is there a fuse box, other than the fuse box inside the door of the camper?

You can answer via my email please.
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not aware of any fuses protecting the brakes or brake lights.
When you say that you have voltage at the plug, do you have current at the brake and brake light terminals or do you have current at the 12 volt terminal?
Just trying to get my thoughts in order.
How in the world did you plug in upside down?.....Square peg in a round hole. :)
What type is your you're vehicle?

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

hoefler

It would help if we knew what is your tow vehicle. On certain Dodge trucks, you have to have the TPM reset by the dealer, there is internal breakers in the computer that requires a Star Scan tool to reset, or worse case scenario, replace the computer. Other manufactures may have the same setup.